Terms of Service
By creating an account for Mortal Online you accept the terms of service, the reimbursement policy as well as the naming policy. By this you also accept that the current version of the terms & conditions apply.
1) You may not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations. Star Vault cannot be held accountable for any user-side violations and will report such to the law enforcement agencies.
2) The instructions of ingame support personnel are to be followed. Non-compliance can result in a kick, temporary or permanent account ban.
3) When naming your character, guild or pet you have to make sure that the name is in accordance with the Mortal Online Naming Policy.
4) Any organized or unorganized form of racist, anti-gay, anti-religious, racist, sexist or other hate-mongering philosophies are not allowed and can result in a permanent account ban.
5) You may not impersonate or present yourself to be a representative of Star Vault, the ingame personnel or a Mortal Online volunteer. This will result in a permanent account ban.
6) You may not market, sell, advertise, promote, solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items in the game or other game services unless it is for in-game sales of in-game services or items.
7) You may not market, sell, advertise, promote solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items not related to the game or other services.
8) You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any illegal or pirated software or other contraband within the game or the Mortal Online Forums.
9) You may not create, provide or use any server emulator or other site where Mortal Online may be played. You may not post or distribute emulators, software tools or utilities related to Mortal Online without the express written permission of Star Vault.
10) You may not attempt to play Mortal Online on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Star Vault.
11) You may not engage in any activity that increases the difficulty and/or expense of Star Vault in maintaining the Mortal Online client, server, web site or other services for the benefit and enjoyment of all its users.
12) You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of Star Vault, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: petitioning with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, petitions; obstructing Star Vault Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a Star Vault Employee; or implying favoritism by a Star Vault Employee.
13) Star Vault cannot be held responsible for actions taken by our customers that occur outside the jurisdiction of the game’s servers or web site. Should you be harassed or threatened by another player, you have to involve your local law enforcement agencies. Star Vault is not responsible for its customer‘s behaviour.
14) You may not publish private communications from Star Vault, their agents or representatives or Mortal Online volunteers without authorization. This includes posting such communications in the Mortal Online Forums.
15) You may not communicate, post or publicize any subscriber’s personal information within the Mortal Online game world or forum.
16) You may not give false information or intentionally hide or withhold any information, including billing and contact information, when registering your Mortal Online account subscription. You are responsible for keeping this information accurate and current.
17) You may not share your account password with anyone. Star Vault support personnel will never ask you for your password!
18) You may not try to create or use any third party add-ons, extras or tools which have the ability to modify the game without written consent from Star Vault. Any reverse engineering or modification of the Mortal Online game client will result in a permanent ban.
19) You may not exploit any bug in Mortal Online to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Exploits are to be reported to the ingame support personnel via the petition system only.
20) Star Vault reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.
21) In compliance with The Children’s Online Privacy Act of April, 2000, we cannot provide subscriptions to individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create a Mortal Online account and you are not eligible to enter contests or promotions.
22) We reserve the right to ban any user from the game and the game’s forum without refund or compensation.
23) We may scan software running on your system for software known to violate previously stated terms of service, as well as hardware identifiers; we will not scan any inactive data files outside of Mortal Online’s client. To preserve your privacy, file contents will never be saved or transmitted to Star Vault or any third party.
24) Game subscriptions have recurring billing. It is your own responsibility to cancel your subscription in order to avoid automatic recurring payments. You must cancel your subscription at least 48 hours prior to the billing date to avoid automatic billing. Star Vault cannot cancel your payments; only you, the user, can cancel a recurring payment for security reasons.
On occasion Star Vault may find it necessary to adjust parts of the game to maintain game balance and enhance the playability or performance for its subscribers. This might have negative effects for the characters you currently have.
This document may be revised at any time. It is your responsibility to occasionally check this document to ensure that you are in compliance with the rules, policies and agreements.
By subscribing to Mortal Online, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age. You acknowledge that you agree with the rules in this document and abide by them.
Termination of your account by Star Vault or an authorized representative may be caused by failing to abide by these rules. This does not entitle you to a refund or any fees paid for the use of the services provided by Star Vault.
In addition to this document you also acknowledge that you will abide by the end user license. Failure to comply with this license can result in the immediate termination of your subscription to any services offered by Star Vault.