A chat with Henrik

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by slyy, May 23, 2012.

1. Allastar Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff. Sigh seems like I'll have to wait for awakening a bit longer...

As for the nudity thing, just give us an option to toggle. Everyone's happy that way.
  2. realnaste Honored Member

no
  3. Allastar Well-Known Member

yes
  4. realnaste Honored Member

not me, so NO
  5. georgatos7 Senior Member

Give us an option to toggle and everyone is happy except realnaste.
  6. realnaste Honored Member

May be correct
  7. Allastar Well-Known Member

You will be happy. Listen. Listen...
  8. realnaste Honored Member

if nudity gets a toggle I will unsub. Easy.
  9. Allastar Well-Known Member

Why?
  10. Tizio Focus Group

Just trolling...

if not trolling... bye bye ;-)
  11. realnaste Honored Member

Because nudity, after that shit-storm we had in beta was a sort of statement from SV.
    I have much respect for the team for sticking to the vision. If they break now, it will show my respect was ill-invested. I am seriously tired of treating games as business, and not an art form. Yes. Early game-makers were expressing their desires, and so, they were making art... of sorts.
    Now it's all about getting more claps and thumbs up. No thanks, I'll seat this one out.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Allastar Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be removing nudity... just something like some blurry pixels to toggle for those of us tired of having 10 naked elf/half breed males running circles around us in town.

But that's just a simple fix. I wouldn't mind if they just did something like some of the ideas that have been thrown out plenty of times already. Like outlawing being nude in town and such.
  13. realnaste Honored Member

Mechanics that have sense- yes. Stripping away the idea? Hell no!
    EDIT: For all that wonder- I almost never run around naked.
  14. Seath Junior Member

But surely they would only be removing nudity for the Asian server? Why should you care?
  15. realnaste Honored Member

After a thought, I am sure the one whining about nudity in this thread would play on an Asian server. Sorry. Scratch all my posts and let's carry on like nothing happened shall we? ^^
    Actually I would not mind changes to the Asian server rules. I have reasons for that as well.
  16. Dortorea Trial Member

One interesting thing about this thing with young people looking at the nudity in the game, well it really isn't they who should look is it? Anyway I can see your point, I myself have a small daughter how happened to walk by while I was playing and not really not paying attention to what she was doing. But she didn't react on the nudity, she reacted to the cruel looking faces in the character creation... so just keep the game away from thouse that shouldnt see it. Simple.. (and if you live in a way that you will need to let them look all the time, I'm ok with an nudity option sollution) :)
  17. realnaste Honored Member

Natural.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bobzer77 The Writer

Because people waving dicks in your face is art?

I'm sure urinating horses were part of the overall vision too.

I don't mind the nudity at all but don't give it more credit than it deserves.
  19. realnaste Honored Member

In gaming? the ability to do it- yes.
    [IMG]
    They expressed the gritty world they imagined. THATS art.

I don't give it value per se.
  20. Resin Well-Known Member

Completely with Realnaste on this issue.

And when someone is killed and has to do the walk of shame, they should have to be naked.

Giving them more reasons to want clothes, weather damage and negative sophistication would drive home the point even better. Rags should be made cheaply available, my preference would be that once tailoring is in, clothes would degrade overtime and become rags, it would then be up to other players to make these available to the needy (trade broker 0 cuprum).

As for Americans, my fellow Americans, being where the majority of this is coming from I think its true, stupid puritanical gits. Oh, and stop playing games until after your kids are in bed you irresponsible parents, thats what I do....usually.