A chat with Henrik

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by slyy, May 23, 2012.

1. georgatos7 Senior Member

I agree with madsholme's propositions more or less.
    I would prefer a dynamic way (through Territory Control) to define the areas that is going to be illegal, not something static and an underwear toggle solution for those who can't stand it at all.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zoltan Junior Member

i'm 27 and I have 5 month old baby girl, although I have no idea how my age plays a factor here. You are just wrong.
  3. Zoltan Junior Member

Oh, I realize that violence is a part of every day life just like nudity is. That's doesn't change the fact the violence is far worse than nudity is.

I'm actually all for the toggle nudity option as i believe it would drive more people to the game. I just get so damn annoyed when people say that violence is more accepted than nudity. This may be true in America, but not in the other 60 70 80% of the world. Oh, and I'm American. :eek:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. georgatos7 Senior Member

Oh congratulations then man.
    Don't get me wrong i just wanted to know that i'm not talking to a 18yr old child that's all.

Well i was in education for some time and i can tell you that things today are far worse than when we were little. Violent behaviors (and i don't mean decapitations of course) are much more common and thats because of today's increasingly violent movies, cartoons and games and i'm not excluding the bad parents also.

I never said that violence is better than nudity and you obviously can't compare the two but violence is definitely wider acceptable and a bigger part of the world's culture either as a sport or entertainment.
    Think of a simple example on how you can almost freely and in detail talk about a bloody ufc much in front of your family members but not for an awesome babe you've seen in a movie.
    At least that's the way it works here.
  5. xGatsux Trial Member

This is an italian showgirl (the photo has been done in a ''family'' show) her name is Belen Rodriguez

[IMG]

And don't judge a man by his ages, it's really immature.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. realnaste Honored Member

Damn I had a hard time finding a picture that I would actually like :(
  7. xGatsux Trial Member

I don't like her too, but it seems that the other 90% of italians find her sexy. De gustibus not est disputandum, i guess...
  8. Resin Well-Known Member

I think the in-game modifications discussed would work great for the actual game and the actual players that play the game.

There is a separate issue of distribution networks such as steam and whomever and what they deem necessary to allow SV to distribute MO through their networks. This has nothing to do with the good of anyone actually playing the game or what we want and everything to do with the rules they have in place for all games. Comic books faced similar problems because of the mass misperception that the entire medium should be accesible to children. I see it as the same kind of problem, US censorship run amok, at least they don't want to sell the game in Walmart ;P - think of all the possible new players that we are missing out on. Anyway a client side toggle - particularly one that did pixelation rather than underwear would not be that bad. But don't kid yourself about the issue here. It isn't to help the game in anyway, its to get more subs by jumping through the ridiculous hoops.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coors916 Junior Member

Yeah that's a good point. But with the 'hardcore' persona SV wants to adopt for MO, I'm not sure if they will goo down that line, but the reality is, it probably would be better for business if it means more subs.
  10. Hertix Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Toggling nudity on client side changes gameplay 0% for everyone else, doesn't change shit. Toggling Full Loot changes the gameplay for everyone else playing. You see the difference? You guys keep talking about game mechanics, but a client side pixelated toggle doesn't change fucking anything for anyone playing the game, it is essentially a leisure device for people with different beliefs. The problem is you people are attacking other people's principles rather than taking a second to think about how something like this effects gameplay. You can disagree with the fact that nudity should mean anything compared to violence, but if it keeps MO from getting on a platform such as steam don't be so selfish. They characters are still naked, and you can still look at all the dick you want, and for everyone else the chars are still naked, and whatever they are looking at is 100% the same in terms of gameplay, so yes, no gameplay, no real vision is sacrificed with a toggle.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Sienidieni Junior Member

Why are you guys talking dicks again?
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1