Alchemy for the Masses

Discussion in 'Nobleman's Wisdom' started by NINEN, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

Yea but why is everyone so hyped up about poison pots? I read somewhere that u can make u'r potions so that if you distill them enough r idk, that people need a high taste identification to see what's inside your pot...

2. Sparhawk13

Sparhawk13 Member

Sounds like someone was trollin' the newbie alchemists. I've never heard of such a thing.

3. Notime

Notime Oghmium Supporter

Anyone care to release some information about purify potions?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

Alcohol, multipliers, neutralizers. That could be completely wrong, but that is the general gist I got from old rumours.

5. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

That's like askin' coca cola to release their recipe XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Notime

Notime Oghmium Supporter

Yea and I'm waiting for a coca cola snitch to go rogue. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

Man the day they make poisons legit in this game... What would it be like to concoct the PERFECT poison... And to see it's effect? I really wouldn't mind if it would take ALOT of personal expertise to create these, it would give the person alot of power, financially and (maybe?) politically... If he knows how to properly execute it... ANY day now my monster laptop will arrive, a custom built XNB Cyclone of around 4000 euros... I'll FINALLY be able to enjoy this game how it's supposed to... Instead of running it on a crappy Acer wich is like 6 years old and barely can handle the low settings T.T

Anyone got his own mind about poisons?

Interesting poll: If you were to decide poisons were to be added to the game, would u allow it? Why/Why not?
    And what do poisons implement according to you...?

8. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

Brutal poisons and poisonous food can already be made in-game, some would be op on weapons for sure. Maybe you apply the poison to a weapon and then it will apply next weak-spot hit. Regardless the current poisons would be overpowered in their current state.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Zergi

Zergi Well-Known Member

poison is USELESS right now.

every dumb ass can see the nourishments/soph/healing/poison STATS on food and pots...

so no one will eat/dink ur poisoned stuff

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. SFORNATINI

SFORNATINI Junior Member

are u sure poison are useless? :rolleyes:

11. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

Even people with none of the related skills can see if something has high poison.

12. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

And that's a pure shame... I remember in my early days feeding the fellow noob TONS of myrland roses, and strike when he was at his weakest (that means puking all over like...)...

Anyhows... We need poisons that can be applied through subtle means...

what I wouldn't GIVE for a developer to see this thread... To focus on this! Think of the MASSIVE possibilities?
    Empires have been built by it, Empires have been destroyed by it...
    We need poisons that are SUBTLE... That means, ALL you people out there with a high taste identification, congratz, u can get a real job now ^^

How about implementing that u need to actually TASTE food that you didn't make yourself? I can see how a cook can boast about his FAMOUS pork stew, "PURRRFECT for stamina regain!!" but yea... what about us scammers? If u'r a legit good cook, people will get to know your product, but ofcourse hear me rambling on... Someone will find a weakspot in this manifesto and tell me what's all wrong about it...

ANYWAYS!! Back to the subject! Poisons: Need to be subtle, needs a way to be injected or applied to said person or npc... Need a WIDE variety of poisons

Whats so good about SO much poisons? Well for starters, U can have way more purify potions to sell, more selling oppertunity etc. etc. ... And the small man can finally stand up to the BIG man! Ofcourse, IF he can get close enough for a cut...

and if we keep to the realism of the game, we're gonna get off-track, with the "armor should be impervious to poisons..." and the "Armor needs to be heavier then so we can outrun" and blablabla...

I love to read LOOONG posts about ideas and stuff, so please AMUSE me with the products of your gray matter! Tell me what the rights and wrongs are according to your cerebrale cortex...

Let the small folk fight their wars with sticks, we use our intelligence in these pages!

13. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

P.S. I REALLY like the idea of weak-spot poison application... Meaning that daggers would get a large percentage of succes of applying these poisons... MEANING: Ya bettah be sure of ya' poison or ya' be diggin' ya' own grave... Daggers in general are much weaker in combat so making it rely on poisons can make it a lil' better... Poisons do not need to be necrotic to the degree they eat away your flesh in 10 seconds... they are merely tools to turn the tide of battle in your favor, not to win it for you

14. Diphling

Diphling The Desperado

So if we coat our daggers with healing potion it would heal the friends we stab?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

Wouldn't actually see why that would be such a bad thing... Sure they'd get damage from the tetanus-inflicting rusty iron in their gut... But hey, they'd get a nice Heal Over Time? See it as a Sadistic Field Medic kinda role

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

Well if its limited to weakspot hits it will be pretty risky to stab your friends multiple times with the chance of healing them.

17. Diphling

Diphling The Desperado

Would be a cool sandbox mechanic though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

The more random utility, situational and sideways progression features we have the better.

19. Unseeker

Unseeker Trial Member

well u'd literally neeed surgical accuracy... U stab the body part wich would receive the least damage with a dagger that doesn't inflict that much damage... Any fool can stab u, but I can see how a small puncture in the arm, inflicted by a veteran wouln't be as dangerous as a retard driving a shank in your eye, screaming out "ALL BETTARR!!!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mattk50

Mattk50 Senior Member

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.