Any game like Mortal Online?

Discussion in 'Off Topic & Other Games' started by frikazoide, Oct 10, 2017.

1. frikazoide

frikazoide Trial Member

Hi, I am looking for a game like Mortal Online. Anyone?

MO is died for me. I was very anxious about the development of the Revival Game (https://www.revivalgame.com/). But I think they stopped development. Anyone know anything about?

Regards,
    Frikazoide.

2. t2ddyb3ar

t2ddyb3ar Senior Member

No, Thats the problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. MolagAmur

MolagAmur Well-Known Member

Crowfall is coming soon. Its probably your best choice if you want to play a game with more than 200 players. Full loot, no leveling, sieges, gathering, crafting, etc.

4. PandahSykes

PandahSykes Member

Nothing atm is close to MO except for ultima online or hardcore old school runescape (lol) but they certainly don’t come close to the experience of MO simply due to the top down / old school graphics view IMO . Chronicles of Elyria alpha launches in spring and that game is supposed to be the exact vision of what MO is and wants to be , only couple differences are the use of third and first person and the fact that Elyria will have 4 mega servers instead of one (which should work if the couple thousand who bought into alpha actually participate).

5. Manflayer

Manflayer Honored Member

No.

And believe me, I've looked, though the more Trammel'esque MO becomes, then maybe someday soon.

I'll be checking out LiF:MMO again once it goes open beta, I'm in the closed beta but there isn't enough people to really tell yet.

I'd be lying if I said MO didn't still pull at me, I might have to resub soon.

6. Mordakai

Mordakai Junior Member

Aye Crowfall or CoE when they launch are about as close as you will get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. finegamingconnoisseur

finegamingconnoisseur Senior Member

I think there are many upcoming sandbox mmorpgs which might have something in common with MO, like level-less class-less character progression, twitch action combat etcetera, but there is not one out there which matches MO 1:1 in what it has from the very beginning.

Thievery, location-based armouring and damage, first-person only, local banking, mail and chat (unless you use guild or whisper chat), open-ended crafting (like putting a great blade on a blunt weapon handle or huge axe head on a lance handle), free-for-all pvp, full looting, over 5 million crafting combinations, need to eat and sleep, food poisoning, no fast travel or mini-map, open seamless world with zero instances, no hovering name above one’s head, no scripted quests other than during the tutorial, semi-realistic gritty art style, practically any resource you pick up could be eaten as food, one single server, etcetera...

From what I know so far, only MO has all of the above.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. jhackman

jhackman Member

Plus the housing system and melee combat or bow aiming system in a 1500 pop (we’ll see =p) sever

• Like Like x 1
  9. HornyFurry

HornyFurry Well-Known Member

chronicles of elyria

"it's not out yet"

10. finegamingconnoisseur

Also, it’s the only one with its own suborbital launch feature with free fall back to the surface:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ketnar

ketnar New Member

it should be added as normal function, all mortal players want's to look at things form distance from time to time...

12. finegamingconnoisseur

For certain... purposes, no doubt.

13. LabRat

LabRat Trial Member

Might as well have been, my avatar is actually of it happening over in the middle of the map. I hung out up there long enough to open a ticket, smash into the ground and get a response right after touch down.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ichorous

Ichorous The Argent Speedster

A game with real-time medieval FPS combat, crafting without fixed recipes, skill-based leveling, free house placement and building construction in the actual world, an almost entirely player-driven economy, the ability to attack anyone at any time, and full loot?

As much as we complain about this game, no title in the past 8 years outperforms it while matching its breadth of scope. If we knew of such a game, we wouldn't be playing this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. jhackman

jhackman Member

Well i mean Im not sure id leave. I like the torture of the bugs vs the awesomeness of the game. Its like some days i love it somedays i curse seb. =-p love you bro. Tc bankers whould be a nice fix so I dont have to relog every 15 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeonan

Yeonan Senior Member

Let's be honest. There aren't a lot of games likes MO because the market for them isn't there. If there was, there would be a ton of games like it.

We can all purport that there is some big market for a hardcore, full-loot MMO because that's what we want.

But the reality is most gamers don't want that. They want casual, easy to learn, very accessible content. Not having to run 20 mins between destinations.

I've tried to get some hardcore gamers to play, even PvP oriented gamers, but once they look into it or play for a week they run screaming.

Everyone will tell you they want hardcore games but when they sit down to actually play them it's not what they envisioned as they end up quitting.

Not to hate on any game in particular, but most of the games I see referenced as "like MO" look like complete shit. Cartoon graphics, tab targeting, high fantasy. Bleh

As much as MO frustrates me at times it's managed to keep me hooked for 3 years straight now because it's so unique and has so much of what I missed in the early days of PC gaming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. arissarpl

arissarpl Member

well - eve online is rather successful game, with very similar full(almost all drop on death) and complicated crafting system, with many specialized professions.

18. Kmanzor

Kmanzor New Member

People will probably disagree with me but check out Gloria Victis. I am one of those people @Yeonan is referring to...I claim to be hardcore but I ended up having little patience for some of Mortal's features. GV offers good skill based pvp, no magic BS, and is a partial loot system which is cool cause you can still grab stuff off a dead opponent but you have a time limit and point limit to how much you can grab so you have to be quick. Plus side is your opponent can get back to fighting very quickly and the fun continues.

Honestly Mortal bugs the shit out of me cause when I inevitably die its a needless hassle getting back into the fight, or worse getting on with whatever objective I logged in to accomplish.

Any way rant over check out the game its in Alpha currently and features are getting added all the time.

Illmaren

19. Hodo

Hodo Well-Known Member

Eve Online IS full drop on death. Just some items are destroyed others are left as salvage or loot.

Gloria Victis is ok, unfortunately it is smaller than most.

Then there is Life is Feudal: MMO which is entering Open Beta in a few weeks.

20. arissarpl

arissarpl Member

No, you loose everything on death, just your wreck got random pieces of your loot inside, so even if you die to npc you cant get back everything.