Bandits extremely overpowered?

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by xzxDJxzx, Aug 23, 2012.

1. featherz Senior Member

Jotun horse I choose you!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Raknar Senior Member

Horses should do shit damage just because they don't require any CC end of story.

Taking these line of reasoning to other mobs doesn't compute though and I agree with you, people are not evaluating the cost of having such a pet as what they describe and how hard it will be to replace them compared to a steel sword.
  3. xrabidx Member

Mobs in general are overpowered now because they are so glitchy, and their tendencies to often be slashing you from a mile away, or glitching through walls/floors. All sorts of weird shit, how is this not sorted yet?
  4. Diphling The Desperado

Everything feels more server-sided now... odd.
  5. Cuneglas Member

I truly hope your joking.
  6. Cuneglas Member

It is MO your talking about here, its like when those science guys don't know the answer to something and just decide to divide by zero.
  7. Aphilas Cronite Supporter

Mobs being strong and chanlenging is a good thing, as I'm quite sure majority of players actually enjoys the need to actually pay attention to play the game.

However, there are 2 things that need to be done:
    1. Introducing several new, weak mobs or reducing the difficulty of couple mob types that are often found close to towns. This is to allow newbies to be able to kill something other than pig and springbok. At the moment there is a huge empty gap between newbie type of animals and serious business animals. There is no middle ground.
    2. Upon creature becoming pet, their damage AND hp needs to be immediatly reduced by 30% (in case of horses 50%).

This way everyone will be happy. Tamers with multiple pets will be still viable, a lot of creatures will be still challenging and newbs will not have to ragequit upon realization they are fucked over.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Cuneglas Member

Your still here, so SV has done something right
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. grasthard Well-Known Member

hold the whine until someone starts running around with dominated giant ants :D

that is going to be fun to see, destroying everyone in the blink of an eye ...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shinzon Honored Member

If you think taming is OP, just wait until people start to figure out how to control the Minotaurs :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gravvis Senior Member

I thought this was funny until a steppe horse nearly roflstomped me in my Cronite armor. I killed the horse, but just barely. Seeing as how a horse can take an elite guard to half, this next weekend of ganking cities wih horses will be delicious...

Train horse army.
    Transfer horse army to mages.
    Horse army attacks Tindrem.
    Mages heal horse army.
    Lictors and Elite guards die.
    GG.
    Tindrem town center is over run by horses and the new Lictor eats phasel bean stew.
    Also, new Lictor name is: Steppe Horse.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. grasthard Well-Known Member

they should remodel the khurite lictor into steppe horses. it would fit in the lore too :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. xrabidx Member

Also, to any one trying to defend the overpowered mobs as somehow fair. You are fucking retarded.

Cronite armor+cronite weapon = 300+g worth of shit.

1 steppe horse = 0 gold

Yeah the steppe horse can fight an up armored warrior with cronite, like no fucking problem.
    If you are defending this as some how ok, then you are stupid, and just want to feel powerful with no real investment.
  14. SF Ranger Junior Member

Yea lets result to insults and foul language to get our point across now:rolleyes:
    Your battle is with the devs, not the players calm down there horse rager
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. StrongMad Well-Known Member

It doesn't help if there are enough morons trying to convince devs that everything is okay.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. SF Ranger Junior Member

Yea and xrabidx raging and saying "F You Starvault" is convincing devs to fix these issues huh???

So why sit here and throw insults and rage like a little girl at other players, when you can simply make a complaint or report in the feedback section????? If you feel so strongly about this issue.
    How is the idiotic pile of crap this thread has turned into, convincing the devs of anything???
    They probably stopped reading after page 3.

This thread has turned into more of a place to vent rage and complain if anything helpful at all.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. arfus1 Focus Group

My problem is you guys are all for nerfing taming and mobs when the problem is clearly the horses
    take the horses out of the equation for a minute and tell me who has been killed by an OP pet ???
    and if someone manages to dominate an ant or a Mino at the very least they will have had to invest 500 points into it possibly more and tamed it at an extremly low level then leveled it to a functional level
    then dragged its slow arse around to where they gonna use it .The mobs in the wild that are owning ppl are clearly level 100 or close to it for someone to get a decent pet to that level involves shit loads of work and time .
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Allastar Well-Known Member

So I tried blunt on them megnaton things, a small one mind you, and still did like no dmg. Tried kallardian great double axe poleaxe, cronite polesword, spiked head mace, and warhammer so far. All do around 0-1. And he almost always blocks. And hits me for 30-40 thru my plate full dens inc (70's on naked parts).

So is magic the only thing confirmed to hurt these things? If so, kind of lame that only mages can kill these things to get the required stuff for a fist skill book.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. KhaoticKaos Well-Known Member

To be honest, they are most likely just bugged.

Like everything else, the game is unplayable at this point in time to be honest.
  20. SF Ranger Junior Member

KhaoticKaos??? You dare say such a thing???
    MO is not broken or bugged, Awakening features are simply too in depth and sophisticated for us primitive peasant players.

The fanboys, devs and focus group members shall definitely have your head for this!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1