BTMA (Better Trade Market Association)

Discussion in 'Services' started by Cappello, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cappello

Cappello New Member

Hello Citizens of Nave,

Ever questioned the legitimacy or reliability of a vendor or association in Mortal? Probably so; the "Better Trade Market Association (BTMA)" was created for the convenience of traders everywhere. This is essentially a "soft" credit check on businesses across the lands to help judge whether or not you may want to invest or trade with someone.

How it works?

Players may private message "Cappello" about the service and reliability of a player, guild, or business. As the number of reviews flow in that association will receive a rating based off of it's performance. The following ratings are:
    A - Accredited with the BTMA & Excellent Service and reliability
    B - Accredited with the BTMA & Good Service and reliability
    C - Accredited with the BTMA & Decent Service and reliability
    D - Accredited with the BTMA & Questionable service and/or reliabity
    F - Not accredited with the BTMA

Disputes

In the event that a business accredited with the BTMA has failed to complete an active contract, a player may file a claim/report. All disputes are investigated by an agent of the BTMA. If during the investigation it is found that the business is at fault, it may lose it's accreditation until reparations are made.

Business not listed?

A business not being listed with the BTMA is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means it has not registered to be added or it was recently new. Players may review/report businesses not listed and it will be added automatically with it's appropriate review.

Rating disputes

Businesses may dispute their ratings with the BTMA if they believe it was poorly evaluated. Rating disputes can only be initiated by the owner of the business and can take up to 48hrs to complete. During the review process, businesses will temporarily lose their public rating on the list while it is accurately calculated. Businesses may dispute their rating once a month for free, constant disputes may result in surcharge of 5G per review.

**Disclaimer: Please be careful sharing sensitive information. BTMA Agents are the only people we authorize to investigate BTMA related claims. We will NEVER share your personal
    information.**

Current BTMA Agents:
    Cappello

REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS WITH US TODAY!
    Private Message "Cappello" with your business name, Owner, and link to your forum post of the service

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cappello

Cappello New Member

Accredited Businesses with ratings:

Business: Ruben's Gold Deposit Services
    Owner: Ruben Ibarruri
    Rating: A+
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/gold-deposit-service-ich.134431/

Business: Valkran Exchange
    Owner: Azidano Valkran
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/valkran-exchange.120079/

Business: IchorForge weapon & armaments
    Owner: Ichorous
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/ichorforge-armaments-the-finest-arms-and-armor.126751/

Business: Tindrem Butchering Services, LLC
    Owner: Speznat
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/speznats-butchery-service.118305/

Business: Ichor Apothecarium - Medicines & Remedies
    Owner: Ichorous
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/ichor-apothecarium-medicines-and-remedies.131708/

Business: Ibarruri Insurance, Inc.
    Owner: Ruben Ibarruri
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-service-¡ibarruri-private-insurance-ich.132787/

Business: Cutlass Weapon Serivce
    Owner: Speznat
    Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/speznats-cutlass-weapon-service.117908/

Association: IchorCorp
    Owner: Publicly owned via Stocks
    Stock value: 2.5G
    Services: Mining enclosure leases
    Link:

• Like Like x 2
  3. ruben ibarruri

ruben ibarruri Senior Member

Thanks Capp.

An independent rating agency is a great idea. I like very much. Over time I think it can be very useful to the trader community and the whole game in general.
    Congratulations and thank you for honoring me with your confidence.

• Like Like x 2
  4. adichee

adichee Trial Member

Now we need an association to accredit accreditation associations. Oh wait...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. ruben ibarruri

jaja. Is a Cappello idea (ICH not involve) really in my opinion is good idea Sir. ¿you dont like it?:)

6. Azidano

Azidano Senior Member

A good idea! Nice one, Cappello!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. adichee

adichee Trial Member

Main problem I have with it is why do I trust Cappello? And if I do, why would he trust all those reviewers?
    I think it's too easy to disrupt this service, if anyone really cares about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Cappello

Cappello New Member

You are not just trusting me. This post is essentially just numerous people's opinion/reviews summed up into a simple rating. If you disagree with a rating you are free to denounce the BTMA's rating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ruben ibarruri

Well. Understand you sir. In my opinion, if you asked why you would trust in capello iIrecomended you check the new service work.
    If when time pass you see Capello make a real good work you will trust if not you will be free for say: "not is a good service"
    The time is the better system for check the work of guy or business.

10. adichee

adichee Trial Member

as I said, even if I trust you fully, I see it being too easy to spam you with false reviews
    another thing: what exactly do F-A mean? does F mean I'll get scammed or A+ that I will get the best price?
    right now I see this list lack any actual information whatsoever

11. Cappello

Cappello New Member

If a business receives an "F" rating it means it is not accredited with the BTMA for one or more reasons. The reason could be from "Trade ganking" to something scandalous. A business will never receive an "F" rating simply from bad service.

In most cases, rating reflects the dependability of a merchant and service. Delivering goods within agreed time frames are considered good business. Fulfilling contracts in a timely manner is considered good business. The main disputes/reviews I am expecting to review is "This merchant is really slow at fulfilling orders, we agreed on 24hr delivery and it took him almost a week to get the merchandise!"

As stated before, this list is suppose to give you easy access to multiple options of service without having to worry about if a merchant is going to delivery on his promise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGTAwesome

SGTAwesome Member

Agree with adichee.

If you attempt to perform some kind of service audit, proper criteria description shall be provided. Secondly, Capello is not a well-known institution here to be the standard or rock-solid guarantee of service. Some of high grades mean that Cappello can vouch for someone and this is it. Name things less complicated.
    (Or it's just me exaggerating)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Cappello

Cappello New Member

This list is not suppose to be dependent on whether or not you trust me, since it is maintained from the review/opinions of others. If a player has a really good experience with a merchant, it is then his choice to report this to the BTMA which is reflected in a good rating. If a player has a subpar experience, he then reports this and rating is adjusted.

There are safeguards against bad review to protect businesses from slanderous attacks. Disputes must be backed by evidence. In the event of a dispute and the business is found at fault, the BTMA will act as a middleman to help resolve the issue as a 3rd party non-basis arbitrator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. adichee

adichee Trial Member

but you still lack description of what each letter maens
    so even if someone trusts you and is OK with the way you asseble these marks, it is still completely pointless

15. ruben ibarruri

Understand you point, but lisen. All have a history in game. When i begin work in forum as metal seller and banker some guys said ¿Who is ibarruri?
    Now i am well know and make much bussiness with much guys.
    Capello are try create a new service. I invite you give Capello one oportunity for developed the rating idea. I sure Capello will do good work sir.

16. Cappello

Cappello New Member

Not really, when it comes to service would you rather go to a restaurant that's rated "A" and get your food while it's still hot and fresh, or go to a "C" or "D" rated restaurant where you may get your food within a hour. The ratings are associated with performance (Service & reliability).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. adichee

adichee Trial Member

yes, but if I have a choice to eather buy a sword with delivery to beth from Ichorous (rated A+) or buy a sword from the local smith (rated B), for the same price, but the latter is obviously faster. To make a decision, I need to know what exactly the B means, and how big my risks are

18. Cappello

Cappello New Member

Both merchants are accredited with the BTMA, so risk would be minimal for both. In that senerio your looking at the difference of service. Ichorous, being an "A+" business is extremely likely to have the materials to make the goods you need fast. The local smith (B rated) might not be stocked with everything he needs, resulting in slow delivery times reflecting his "B" rating.

It's literally just like school. A's and B's are great, C's are OK, and nobody wants a D in their face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. adichee

adichee Trial Member

all these words mean literally nothing
    I still don't see how are you going to convert reviews into ratings

20. Cappello

Cappello New Member

I do not know a better way to explain it to you. Maybe after a month or two of using the BTMA's business accreditation listings you will have a better understanding of the rating system.

• Agree Agree x 1