Can we talk about MO Marketing? (Mortal online active players dropping)

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by art vandaleigh, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Teknique

Teknique Well-Known Member

I guess we're struggling with you guys not accepting or admitting any blame?

Who chose to announce TC, then work on housing, weather, trinkets, dungeons, and magic schools.

I guess it was us the playerbase.

First rule of customer service acknowledge and empathize. Instead we get deflect and deny. "we had to work on the things we promised" "its impossible for us to have worked on things in any different order" "Our vision isn't consistent with yours" "Its a delicate balance and it takes time, so much time that you can't even notice that we're working on it"

YOU(SV) CHOSE TO IGNORE TC YAY OR NAY?

I get you guys balanced some of the things you broke with the aralis patches (spiritism/forever persistant TC)
    but thats just rebalancing something you broke, not working on TC.

Good work on the mounted shit though, I'm more than willing to give credit where its due

I told you every patch was a shit patch. Do you think I say it because I want to hurt your feelings? No, quite the opposite I want your ferrari to own its own Mercedes Benz while getting top from Miss Malmo

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Teknique

We own our credit cards that we sub with

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. methrazo

methrazo New Member

that is very true, then again some crooked people don't need to own a credit card. LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ugale

ugale Oghmium Supporter

they need to make more realistic cinematic video of the game..... leaving tindrem mounting a razorback is kind of shit and false advertising if u ask me

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gotcher

gotcher Exalted Member

the problem is that you "made it clear"... almost 2 years ago. and then suddenly you did a whole lot of random stuff instead

basically, you never make things clear, and when you do, it turns out you "meant something else"
    the bigger problem though is that I don't feel like current content is being developed while looking back at the decisions of the past.
    A typical example is randomness in spells: first time I discussed it with Herius was even before the magic rework (that's over 2 years ago, right?), and he agreed with me that while minor randomness is fine, just not to see the same numbers over and over, it really shouldn't be as large. Cut to the actual rework, most numbers stay the same, lightning becomes even more random. Cut to the necromancy, spells are overall even more random than ecu. Cut to the Elementalism, and some spells have literally 200% difference between worst and best result, so I ask Herius again, what the hell? And he agrees with me that it's too much... yet I'm sure the next batch of spells will be just as random, and I'm sure you can see why.

And everything is like that, it really feels like there is very little thought put both into mechanics and particular numbers, even after both the testing team's and live server feedback. The only chance of getting a reasonable mechanic is in a rework multiple years down the line (look at cooking, or heavy armor, or breeding)
    I'm not sure what needs changing in your development process, but at the moment it feels like you are wasting thousands of hours of work just because you have no planning or systematical approach

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Speznat

Speznat Well-Known Member

i agree with the cooking, the heavy armor useless patch and the new breeding stuff.
    but cooking is the worst, i mean if i add pepper to my roasted pig and salt than its worse than without? logic?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

..I .. ya, OK
    2 years ago you talked to one of the people on staff who said he agreed that maybe the randomness in spell damage shouldn't be as big. If this was pre-magic then it's probably longer then that.

2 years ago, it was 2 years ago.
    Just you know, maybe things change? Maybe we changed our mind, or he got down-voted internally?
    Like... sigh this.. is like the only thing we can do to avoid someone taking up something we said 2 YEARS AGO is to NOT SAY IT.

People find the development chaotic because development is a bit chaotic. It changes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. gotcher

gotcher Exalted Member

I could have quoted our current discussion with Herius, but I don't think either of you would like that. He still agrees with me on randomness, and even claims that he is purposefully decreasing it... but it's not actually what's consistently happening.

9. Sebastian Persson

Wait what? So ok tell Herius not to talk to anyone? This is they path you want?
    BTW I said like last month that I wanted no summons in Elementalism but since then I have changed my mind.
    Feel free to quote whatever I said about it back then. That was like just a couple of weeks ago!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. gotcher

gotcher Exalted Member

see, this is a problem
    I say: Herius tells one things and does other, you say: well then you say it's a problem that Herius speaks?
    I will tell you the same thing I just told Herius: if you don't want to have a meaningful discussion, then don't. its not my job, after all, its yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sebastian Persson

It upsets me that people drag stuff of from like.. ages ago as it REALLY, for real like it's not a defensive type of way to shut you down, but the ONLY solution is to not talk. That is the ONLY solution we have to people doing that.

• Disagree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. gotcher

gotcher Exalted Member

again, you ignore half of what I say, build some shitty strawman and keep beating on the poor fucker. let it be as you want it: I will not give you any more feedback

• Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Speznat

Just ignore the trolls, many people appreciate if you write what you are working on or that you have noticed, in many ways it helps if you just write that you have noticed the issues or if you question whats the issue in that blanace stuff is, you dont have to make a statement or soemthing.

Just the info that you noticed a problem or that you red the problem would help many i guess.

and by the way, you doing great work, even if i dont like most stuff, you doing a good job, i remember were you startet with nearly no programming and than you become a real pro :)

stay how you are and ignore any trolls or haters, they mostly love the game so much that they overreacting in most cases.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah Goodwill Embassador

IF (with or without 'blame') you find that what you say you will do cannot be consistent with what you do, THEN by all means use that solution and say less, or in some cases nothing at all.

Better to give rise to doubts of whether you can do particular things than to doubts of whether you mean what you say at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Sebastian Persson

Yes, this is probably the solution here.

16. Speznat

good idea,

but please write stuff like you noticed something or you red the stuff if someone wrote a bug or known balance issue, if the people know that you have noticed, than they will calm down, because they feel heared.

what you do with the given feedback or the stuff players wrote are your decision what you will pathc and do or not.

just the feeling that you get noticed like:
    [​IMG]
    gives hope to all of us

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Deadheretic

Deadheretic Well-Known Member

Market is died. Steel is be most popular material in all times of game now never using in armor and rly sometimes in weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Teknique

nice job ignoring me, yup its our fault once again seb. well played. while yea gotchers post is kind of silly youre still trying to argue.

the only solution is not to talk. really? how about the solution is to do the thing people have been literally begging you for for 24 months. you wont reply to me because you know im 100% right

19. Sebastian Persson

I'm not sure what the question is in that post?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Teknique

if youre referring to the first post there is no explicit question. There is always the implicit question of "tell me how i'm wrong"

edit: there are actually like 5 diffedent questions in there...and 2 in the other one. I guess if you cant pick up on atleast 1 out of 7. how could you have picked up that tc was making the game feel like pre alpha