Cooking for the Masses

Discussion in 'Nobleman's Wisdom' started by Golgotha, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Golgotha

Golgotha Well-Known Member

Updated with a section on Soph and Size Changing food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. effects82

effects82 Trial Member

Thanks so much man, you don't know what an invaluable resources your guides have been to incoming players! In a game where so much info is hoarded you share it freely, you are a God among men sir!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. effects82

effects82 Trial Member

Quick question I had about the recommended build?

- Is it necessary to take the butchery/herbalism/extraction appliance primaries if you have other characters that can do it for you? Or is it just a world more convenient to be able to do those things yourself?

- I notice in the recommended build there are no secondaries under botany like agros(something) the one for bread lore?

Excuse my noobiness and thank you !

4. Golgotha

Yea, was sort of pushing to get it out. There are a few skills where it just has the * right now saying there are subskills therein. I havent gotten to builds yet, or how to grind up each of those botanical skills the easiest.

You do not have to process your own foods, no. I was just listed all the related skills to food, including the extraction. Should just make a section for food extraction, thanks for the idea.

5. Golgotha

Added Section 9, Food Extraction, with a link.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Gold Supporter

Awesome guide, thanks!

By the way, the Otbg family may be royalty, but it surely must be somewhat inbred and ill of health considering how often ill and on his deathbed he is!! :)

7. Golgotha

Ah yes. The family left those teachings a long time ago. (He gained 500 soph learning the system through the study of death. The other 500 he has is through food research and proper eating. He has not died once since that first push to learn, none of my guys have...).

I thank you for your concern for My health, but I have recovered from my fallacies greatly.

I do like your "stories" btw. Good bedtime fancies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Czeska

Czeska Member

Do I need the turnspit skill in order to use my worn shortsword as substitute?

9. Golgotha

Honestly I dont know, but I would assume so. Tool skill is calculated into the final product, so I dont think using a different form of a tool (since it registers as one) would eliminate the need for the skill. With this, you can just cook up the meat you kill on the field without having to bring a turnspit, your blade will do.

Now only if you could start your own fire with mats and proper skills.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Gold Supporter

Golgotha, I have never investigated this: you can cook from campfires right? And there is no difference in outcome value between using something like a furnace or a campfire?

11. Golgotha

Correct. You need a heat source, that is all. Kiln, campfire, blast furnace...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. StrongMad

StrongMad Well-Known Member

You said salutary raw rye has 27 soph but you lose soph when you eat it? So how high does it need to be to raise it?

13. Golgotha

I had wrote...

"Your Salutary Raw Rye has a SHSM of 24/5/4/79. Which means you are below the zero point on soph (by having 24). YOU DROP SOPH TO EAT THIS!!! (EVEN AT FULL LORE COOK!!)

Abrosial Raw Pig though, has 27. So you go up, small amounts, by eating pig."

Zero is at 25.

14. StrongMad

Ah okay, thanks.

Also do you need the skill of the heat source for maximum outcome?

15. PaveI

PaveI Trial Member

no you dont

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Diphling

Diphling The Desperado

More recipes please! Give me pizza!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Golgotha

You can still eat them raw though. Dont want anyone to get the wrong impression that they cannot be consumed still.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Zergi

Zergi Well-Known Member

never trust the tooltips :}

19. Medicant

Medicant Trial Member

I've been wanting to know how to make dumplings, thanks for the guide.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. StrongMad

Does advanced cooking make the food better or only allow you more slots (which is currently bugged)?

• Funny Funny x 1