Cooking for the Masses

Discussion in 'Nobleman's Wisdom' started by Golgotha, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Golgotha

Golgotha Well-Known Member

Zoology is only needed for cooking whole carcass.

I raised honey lore through usage while testing. Not sure if there is an easier way after reading the book...

2. Golgotha

So, I have had many requests for me to gather and sell the product, or for me to sell the recipe of how to get a shrinking effect in your food. Real life though has me too busy to do much in game a lot of the time, and I feel bad always saying "No, sorry... others know it maybe they will sell... ".

I have re-rolled characters so many times in MO... many of them HATING the fact that I was going to have to redo certain skills (every char makeup has certain ones that take a long time compared to the other skills). And many times, those re-rolls have been due to slight changes in MO and the game-play (or lack of knowledge of how a system worked before fully fleshing out a guy). Some may feel that a re-roll is nothing, and not care at all, but this isn't for them, then.

So in that respect, it does me no good in not sharing... and picking and choosing who to share with is taking sides and showing favoritism (I love and hate you all equally)... that is something I don't like to do... so here is the recipe for Shrinking Food in MO (I will add this to the OP as well).

Gamun Oil Decoction.

That's it. One Ingredient (well two, since you need the water base for a decoc and all). You dont need advanced cooking tools or advanced cooking (which both are the primaries under cooking).

Now, this is the basic recipe, and I am sure with a bit of research you can come up with one as well that is way above 11% Size Growth (as a percent of the UI bar when the decoction is made). Plain Gamun Oil Decoc can reach that 11% on it's own with purified water as the water base.

Enjoy and try not to hate me for sharing. Education is needed here on Nave to leave the Dark age we are in when it comes to our available materials and what they are actually for.

I have not tested how much is needed per height point lost, that is for others to find out to decide what the food would be worth to them, to sell or buy. There is a HUGE difference in the amount needed to digest when moving a few % up or down the bar though to see any movement in your height.

EDIT:Thanks Pave1 for your help on the growth side.

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. PaveI

PaveI Trial Member

Well seeing that golgotha throws out his recipe here

Gutterscience Labs will add the growth food recipe!

Growthfood:
    1 Salvia Oil
    10 Pirum Juice or Green Jamburra Juice

that will give 1 cm per 15 units of food.

Use it in cooking pot -> Salvia oil / Juice decoction

Look forward for more goodness from the Gutterscience Labs!

ENJOY! GUTs loves you!

EDIT:
    CAREFUL it ONLY works if you have UNSPENT attribute points!
    Minused attributes DONOT work! you need to statloss yourself prior to growing

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Beans2004

Beans2004 Trial Member

Maybe I am just slow or helpless, but I have been trying to figure out if there is a build that can do this cooking thing all on his own, and from what I can tell it will take at least two Characters. Is that accurate or am I missing something here?

5. PaveI

PaveI Trial Member

You can cook all on your own BUT you cannot extract everything and cook at the same time.
    You need to specialize if you want todo both. Otherwise get a friend or guild m8 to process stuff for you

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Golgotha

[​IMG]

So, in prepping some food for sale at the Meduli Market, I did an ingredient switch while attempting to make my 98% soph food (as you can see by the name of the food)... but instead came up with a 100%+ soph food :).

This is with advanced cooking not working either. We only get 7 of the slots still SV. How come I cannot use all 14 ingredients yet??

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Xhodan Xeus

Xhodan Xeus Honored Member

i know i askd you a few months back
    so im ganna ask and try again selling soph food now?

8. Ascendance

Ascendance Senior Member

Wouldn't really matter though, I doubt that sophistication food uses more then one juice/liquid and one oil.

9. Groenholdt

Groenholdt Senior Member

10. Golgotha

I still use that one for my extraction totals :)
    Ill have something set up here right away. Inet was down all day yesterday mostly so I was put behind... but I am opening up a bunch of stuff to the Meduli Market here.
    Uhh... hmm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. clonedclone

clonedclone New Member

I was wondering about the foods with special effects, like size increase and decrease.

Do you need advanced cooking, full material lores, or any skills to see that the food has these effects? Can a F2P make this food?

A F2P can't learn Herbology, so they cannot process Gamun or Salvia to get carpels and oil because you must know Herbology to run them through any appliance. If they were to obtain the extracts, though, could they make these size foods, for example?

12. Golgotha

To see that it has an effect? No you dont need any special skills. To see what % it is on the bar though I assume you would need taste ID to narrow it down.

As a lower skilled char you could make the food, it just would not be as potent.

13. clonedclone

clonedclone New Member

Yeah, I'm wondering with 60 cooking, no advanced cooking, 60 cooking pot, and no Herbology if the recipe you provide would be potent enough to get the effect at all.

14. Xhodan Xeus

awsome let me know asap want to buy some soph food

15. Golgotha

The soph food is made (85%, 90%, 95%, 98% and some 100%), the growth and shrink foods are ready. While playing with stam food, I was getting some up to a SRG of 96 (Salutary raw rye is 79) and was seeing if I could find a cheaper way of making it. I have a bunch of 93 SRG Stam food ready that does not have negative soph like sal raw rye does. Takes forever to grind up and press all those damn materials though. My night passes with so little done... Still have some health food to get in there too... I have a 40HRG recipe, but it is costly (Ambro Raw pig has 29 HRG) so Im going to see where I can get things for a more reasonable price while being sure to stay above negative soph... Im going to have to get the sales started here before everything is finished though I do believe.

My plan is to load up the Meduli Trade broker full with smaller batches, like 1k stacks not 10k on multiple characters....and not sell large amounts to single people on the forums.... focus on the broker and get Meduli some tourism! Though Im sure many won't care.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xhodan Xeus

lol sounds good im always happy to see lots of people in Meduli
    i guess i have to buy the trader stocker empty than haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Orzokhan

Orzokhan Junior Member

I'm interested in learning about food and being "Stocking" materials from all around Myrland from some time. I do have all extraction skills and was thinking on selling all kinds of juices and flours.
    Would you be interested in supply agreements Golgotha?

18. Golgotha

Im always in need of more suppliers! We can continue conversations in PMs to discuss items, pricing and amounts ;)

19. Bill _Hicks

Bill _Hicks Guest

This thread is amazing! I had a specific question.

Don't worry about why, lol. What primaries do i need to only smoke my fish and brew my own beer?
    My guess is -
    Adv. Cooking
    Adv. Cooking Tools
    Animal Materials
    Flesh Lore (i don't think i'd NEED anything else under animal mats for just fish?)
    Ore Extraction Appliances (to use the grinder on all my grains)
    Butchery
    Butchery Appliances
    Botony

Am i missing anything? Should i have Zoology - Pisces?
    Do i need milling?
    It said in the main post -
    • Meat and Carcass – From either flesh lore (for the meats), or Zoology (for cooking whole animal and fish)
    So if i use whole fish i should have the Zoology? that line kinda confused me.

20. Golgotha

Thank for the kind words, first.

Second. You cover the needed skills there. You dont need advanced cooking to do this though, and right now you do not get the extra slots from it either. Botany will cover the use of woods only for the smoker's fuel though, just remember.

When it comes to the fish question. You use zoology when cooking whole carcass, or fish. When you butcher it up you will need the appropriate meat skill trained up instead, and zoology no longer plays a role in the quality of the finished product (as you had thought).

• Informative Informative x 1