Fish Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Nobleman's Wisdom' started by Zergi, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Orzokhan

Orzokhan New Member

If you sell it to vendor you get 24g per stack. If you buther it, you get scales and meat, and can be sold to vendor for 50,8g.
    Noone has reported any use in alchemy or cooking

2. Sseraphin

Sseraphin Junior Member

Tnx for respond. This day was a bit strange regardless to fishing in Belrim. I am fishing there for like 1 month. First time that i cought Stream Mauler and Windfish with setup: bait- Carb, hook- 5, depth- 177, line strong.
    Also got too much of Conger eel and just a few Rodspine. Later that day things was normalized.

3. zamiria

zamiria Trial Member

Stream Mauler are a rare catch at berlim sea think ive had maybe 3 catches so far ,using that setup

4. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Any tips to catch calxfish? I actually know that size 1 hook + meduli + deep water (2000-3000) is a good setup but in my experience is only a random catch. I got some with different baits, most of them with Horn, one with Great Horn and one with Quality leather. But looks like i cant find a proper setup to "select this fish" and get the highest chance possible to catch him. I mean, 3 hours of fishing and i got a fucking ton of herbeus, laake, gutta, black creft and ventriosus but only one small calxfish. How can people sell stacks of this fish if its so rare?

5. Apsalar

Apsalar Senior Member

hook 5 is better from my experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Thanks, any good bait?

7. Apsalar

Apsalar Senior Member

Quality leather shall do the trick

8. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

So, i made a long test today with some friends. From what we have experienced baits dont make any difference at all for "catch selection". I mean, i read here in this topic "for giant gutta use this bait, for labrum use that one etc etc" and thats totally wrong (at least our experiment is proving this).

We all tried a different setup to check what we could get. We were all able to catch the same fish with pretty much the same frequency. For example, we got calxfish with quality leather, horn, great horn, molarium, cristula, laake and ventriosus. We got Giant Gutta with herbeus, ventriosus and great horn, same frequency.

We observed that baits are some sort of multiplier for an hidden catching chance value, best baits make you catch more (big splashes more frequently) but dont change the type of catch.
    What really determines what you can catch or not is, from the more important to the less:

1-Depth/Time of day
    2-Hook
    3-Fishing spot (at least in Myrland, Sarducaa looks more selective)

From what we saw, the first factor is depth, it instantly exclude some type of fishes from the catch (you will never catch deep fishes in the surface for example, no matter what bait or hook are you using) and then it becomes more selective with the time of the day. For instance, at dusk we were all fishing at Meduli, same spot in the docks, but with different setups: one with quality leather and hook 5, one with cristula and hook 1 and another with ventriosus and hook 5, all at 2500-2900 depth. We fished for pretty much two hours and zero calxfish, but at the dusk we got one immediatly, than another and another in a very small amount of time. Than the night came and we all started fishing almost only Laake. None of us changed anything in the setup, all with different baits, one moment all fishing calxfish, one moment later all fishing laake.

We made this experiment for almost an entire MOday and we saw that almost the majority of fishes totally ignore what kind of bait are you using (calxfish included) but only look for hook size and time of day. At the moment, the only exception is Timingila that you can catch only with the rabbit bait.

P.S: Lots of nonsense randomness need to be calculated, we got one calxfish in shallow water at night with a stupid twig as bait. GG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. hiresx

hiresx Member

Primarily in Myrland you can catch pretty much any fish with any bait. There are a number of fish you won't catch with certain baits though as well. You are only somewhat correct about the importance of everything though. Location, Depth, time of day, hook size, and bait are all equally important. I can assure you that theres a number of fish that are best fished with certain baits, on the other hand some fish it doesnt matter what the bait is so long as you have line in the water at the right time of day.

Something to take into your calculations is also how large on average were each of your catches? Sometimes bait and hook size make a large difference in the size of catches you get. I can catch up to 80KG of silk ray with one specific bait and average around 47KG over all my catches each MO dusk/night time. People I give a the basic herbeus or giant gutta bait setups average like 10-20 KG catches. So this is something you need to pay attention to when fishing with different baits as well.

The system while easy to generally catch anything eventually with enough testing you should be able to narrow down the best bait for largest catches on average and largest frequency. But you've got to remember that you will always have to take into account location, time of day, depths, and hook sizes. It's not a single thing is most important. Everything is important in the system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Thought that fish size was random in a range for a determined fish. You tested it and you are sure that a certain setup will let you catch more of a specific fish and in bigger size? :eek:

11. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

For example, im trying to catch labrum now and in this topic i found a detailed setup for this fish. Well, 3 hours of fishing with this setup and i got some cristula, trudis, ventriosus and gutta but not a single labrum. Using herbeus as bait looks that big splashes are so rare and even when you catch something is not a labrum.

This happened to me with calxfish, giant gutta, kelp dragon and other "special" fish too so i deduce that either the setups posted in this topic are fake or the bait is not selective for the fish in the way older players have thought

12. Golgotha

Golgotha Well-Known Member

When KelpDragon was put into the game, the Dev's themselves mentioned that Kelp love a "certain shiny bait". They were trying to push fishing with a competition. As to how bait plays it's role, specifically, I cannot say (and neither did they). This was the only time I had ever heard a Dev speak directly about a fishing catchable and a bait, though (other than the newer WhiteRabbitsFoot addition... which I dont think they ever directly spoke of).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Orzokhan

Orzokhan New Member

As hiresx said, in Myrland most fishes bite on lots of different baits.
    However, there are others that only bite on very specific items, like Kelp Dragon. You'll find that Skull Kua is the most "selective" one.
    Other pricky fish are the "cups", Moon and Venum, and Black Whiskerfish and Cuprum Creft as well.

In Sarducaa it's a bit more evident, and most fishes only bite on one or two items.

And yes, I would not trust anything in the first 40-50 pages of this thread. Since then, the few people that post here tend to be quite honest about what they write.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

So, i need to fish until i randomly found a labrum and than try to get why i catched him. Jesus, this will be long!
    Thanks Orzokhan! ;)

15. hiresx

hiresx Member

Good luck with your testing!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Apsalar

Apsalar Senior Member

Labrum - 8-11 am, depth aroun 9m / max depth 15 m. Best place neduli docks. Remember about putting the bait around 5m above bottom, no less than 8m but no more than 13m. When you start getting cristula en-masse only its correct depth. Hook 5 herbeus. Good luck.

17. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Are you kidding me?

I found this strange setup here in this topic around page 30-40 and its fake as hell. Cant get a single labrum with that one. A kind man that is reading this pages told me on PM how to REALLY catch labrum and its totally different from that setup. But it works, this setup here dont.
    I dont know if im just playing a different game or this topic is just full of dickheads that have fun posting wrong setups to make other people crazy but every single setup i try from this topic is not working, every setup that people PM me is working. What the fucking fuck guys? I mean, if you dont wanna share secrets dont write at all, but dont post fake setups. Is really that fun bitching people this way? xD

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  18. Orzokhan

Orzokhan New Member

Let me quote myself again...
    And yes, I would not trust anything in the first 40-50 pages of this thread. Since then, the few people that post here tend to be quite honest about what they write.

19. Apsalar

Apsalar Senior Member

Do you want me to show you my labrum catches? It worked for me. You dont have to thank me for sharing. I shared this with numerous people in PMs with no hesitation and I have been thanked many times. GLHF.

20. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

We are just playing different games so! ;)