Forum & IRC FAQ

Discussion in 'Forum Rules & Information' started by Asakuro, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asakuro Member

Here is a collective list of common Questions & Answers! Our community of moderators have contributed to make this list and hope it helps!

FORUM FAQ:

1. What is a forum?

An online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. The Mortal Online forums are specifically made for the discussions and post about the game.

2. How do I show an image below my user name?

You can do this by going to your User CP and clicking on Edit Avatar and Edit Profile Picture.

3. How do I add a signature to my post?

You can do this by going to your User CP and clicking on Edit Signature , If you want to add a image in your signature you can upload the image to photobucket and then copy and paste the Code into your signature.

4. How do I prevent my username from appearing in the online user listings?

In your User CP then click on Edit Options you will find an option "Use invisible Mode"; if you switch this on you'll only appear to board administrators or to yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.

5. I keep getting unwanted private messages!

Well You can solve this problem by going to your User CP and then click on Ignore Lists and add that persons username to the list then you won't get the PM's any longer. If you still get PM's then contact a Moderator.

6. I've lost my password!

Don't panic! While your password cannot be retrieved it can be reset. Contact [LM]Demtri.

7. What if i did not agree with the moderators infraction or warning?

Please contact the moderator and find out why you have received an infraction or warning, if no response or it did not get resolved, contact the leaders of the moderation staff

8. How do I edit my post or thread?

At the bottom of every post you can click the Edit button to edit your original post or thread. You can edit your post or thread at anytime unless the thread is closed.

9. How do i close my thread?

Normal members do not have the power to close their own threads. In order to close your thread, you must contact a moderator and specify what thread needs to be closed.

10. How do i report a post I feel is inappropriate for the forum?

If you see a post you feel is innappropriate for our forums, look at the bottom of that post and you'll notice a Report button. Click this and give a reason for reporting the post, and the moderation team will handle it accordingly.

11. What if someone is harassing me on the forums?

If you have tried to ignore the person but the harassment continues, please contact the leaders of the moderation team.

12. Are there any job opportunities?

There is always job opportunities to help your mortal online community! Visit the job announcements section of the forums HERE

13. What do the titles under other people's username represent?

The title under a username represents a specific function. Such as, Moderator, Gamemasters(ingame staff), and developers. There are also community titles for those who post a lot and win contests such as, Veteran Member, Arena champion etc.

14. I am banned, how do I appeal my ban?

In the top right corner of the the forums there will be a Support button in which you be taken to support center to place a ticket. You can place support ticket for several reasons, ban appeals being one of them.

15. Who is this Henrik guy I keep hearing about?

Henrik is the founder of Starvault and yes you must worship him.

IRC FAQ:

1. What is IRC?

IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat". It was originally written by Jarkko Oikarinen in 1988. Since starting in Finland, it has been used in over 60 countries around the world. IRC is a multi-user chat system, where people meet on "channels" (rooms, virtual places, usually with a certain topic of conversation) to talk in groups, or privately. There is no restriction to the number of people that can participate in a given discussion, or the number of channels that can be formed on IRC.

2. How do I register my nick?

/msg nickserv register [password]

3. How can I link my unguilded name to a guilded name?

/ns link [Name to link to] [password of that nick]

4. /away [message]

Leaves a message indicating that you are currently not paying attention to IRC. When someone sends you a message, they will automatically see your away message. example: /away Off to get something to eat, back in a moment.

5. /quit [message]

Leaves a message when you disconnect from IRC other people on the IRC channel you were on sees this message. Example: /quit bye everyone! peace!

6. What language should I speak?

The most widely understood and spoken language on IRC is English. However, as IRC is used in many different countries, English is by no means the only language. If you want to speak some language other than English, (for example with your friends), Talk through Private Messaging.

7. What is a channel operator? What is an IRC operator?

A channel operator (ChanOp or Op) is someone with a "@" by their nickname in a channel's names list, or a "@" before the channel name in a /whois or /uwho output. Channel operators are the 'rulers' of a particluar channel. This means they can kick you out of their channel for any reason. An IRC operator (IRCop) is someone who maintains a server or part of the IRC network. They cannot fix channel problems. They cannot kick someone out of a channel for you.

8. Help! Someone kicked/banned me from a channel. Whom do I complain to?

You should get in contact with a Moderator and ask why if the Moderator can't solve the problem then you should contact a Senior Moderator and/or Lead Moderator.

9. Why does everyone have the same IP address?

For your protection, our host Stratics masks everyone’s IP address. The only ones who can see your IP is an IRCop or who has been granted that permission by server admins.

10. I Forgot/Lost my Nick password - what can I do?

Please join #IRC-Help and ask an IRCOp to help you retrieve your password. They will verify the nick is indeed yours and give you the password. Remember they are all volunteers it may take some time for a response but do not leave the channel until you get one.

11. Why cant I join the chat while I am using Mibbit?

This is for your protection and easier moderation. You can always use our own IRC Applet on the MO Website at http://www.mortalonline.com/ircpage OR if you prefer to use a proper IRC application you can download a trial version of MIRC at Http://www.mirc.com

12. What do I do if someone is harassing me in a private message?

type /ignore [person who is troublesome nick] this will block this from bothering you until you remove it.

13. I noticed a lot of people with weird acronyms in brackets before the name, what are them?

Those are simply tags. People use them to show their guild membership, you may even find tags that indicate Star Vault staff. Here is a little list about them:
    [CM] Community Manager
    [GM] Game Master
    [LGM] Lead Game Master
    [LM] Lead Moderator
    [Admn] Administrator

14. I am banned, how do i appeal my ban?

In the top right corner of the the forums there will be a Support button in which you be taken to support center to place a ticket. You can place support ticket for several reasons, ban appeals being one of them.

15. You might be asking yourself this from time to time ...

Yes you must worship Henrik.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.