I will be reviewing Mortal Online on behalf of OnRPG.com

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by ApocaRUFF, Oct 13, 2012.

?

Are you familair with OnRPG?

Yes 31 vote(s) 28.2%
No 79 vote(s) 71.8%
  1. ApocaRUFF Senior Member

Hello! I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. I have quite a bit of experience with the game. I pre-ordered and was in Beta Block A. I played off-and-on since with Kingdom of Wessex, but quit when we disbanded some time ago.

Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and I was searching through our library of games and I noticed that we lacked a review for Mortal Online. I talked to the Editor-in-Chief and he gave me the go-ahead to review the game on behalf of OnRPG.

Honestly, I don't know when I will begin playing the game to review it. I am thinking sometime next week. I already have a very good understanding of Mortal and SV, so I will mostly be updating myself on the game, seeing how much Awakening has come along (I subbed for Awakening when it was released, but didn't play much honestly). I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing.

If you have anything you would like me to keep in mind while writing the review, please let me know.

I also added in a Poll to get an idea if anyone from Mortal is familiar with OnRPG.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ltankhsd Senior Member

Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Fukiyaki New Member

4. ApocaRUFF Senior Member

I could write a review currently with my experiences thus far in the game, and honestly, I've already written a good portion of the review. The playtest is mostly to experience the new AI with Awakening, which I have next to no experience with, and the other Awakening features. When I played after Awakening, I spent all of my time inside Tindrem and I was playing Darkfall at the same time, so I didn't actually play the game much during that time.

I feel that it would be unfair to review the game without giving Awakening a real chance, as it changes a large portion of the game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fukiyaki New Member

Sounds fair enough.
  6. Rulant Well-Known Member

Least its a review by someone with undrrstanding of mortals systems reviewing this time. =)
  7. Bernajo Honored Member

He sounded like he was perfectly versed in sandbox games from his previous games played. Believe it or not, not everyone is gonna dig MO on niche factor alone.

Looking forward to the review Apoca
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rulant Well-Known Member

Who is he?
  9. Bernajo Honored Member

The other reviewer everyone tried to jump on.
  10. Rulant Well-Known Member

I meant like all three or four of the last ones.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Bernajo Honored Member

You sure you didn't mean banana hammocks?
  12. Rulant Well-Known Member

Derp bernamas poopin out triangles while wearin bannana hammocks *insert rediculous laugh here*
  13. ThaBadMan Honored Member

Awesome, ill be awaiting the review mate ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. princereaper Exalted Member

It says mortal online is free to play.
  15. Allastar Well-Known Member

People are free to play it after they pay the monthly fee?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ApocaRUFF Senior Member

I will have someone fix that as soon as they can.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ApocaRUFF Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sebastion Focus Group

o_O
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. CorpseJanitor Senior Member

Psh. I remember you from Forumfall, what do you mean you doubt anyone remembers you?
  20. Mycke Well-Known Member

This might be the first review by someone who actually likes full loot open world PvP games!

Not sure the industry is ready for that... :p

(How will people relate without comparing it to WoW?)
    • Funny Funny x 3