In support of the wardec change

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by mastercookie123, May 10, 2018.

?

Should all pvp require consent?

1. Make all pvp require consent

25.6%
  2. Continue allowing pvp "rape"

23.1%
  3. Bring back wardecs

51.3%
  1. mastercookie123

mastercookie123 Senior Member

With the recent change removing forced wars in support of a more friendly "consensual" war system I propose expanding the system to the rest of pvp in the game.

I propose making all pvp in the game require consent, if you see someone in the wild you should have to target them and type /fight and they will have to accept it, with a 30 minute grace period before the fight actually starts, in order to be able to damage and kill one another. During any point in the fight if either party wishes to stop they will have a safe word set up that will end the fight and prevent any more damage from being done.

This change would enable people from all guilds to focus on the real main aspect of the game, mining and extracting. You will no longer have to worry about being killed while mining, and will be able to safely extract anywhere. Also extending this system to npcs as well would help boost productivity so you wouldn't have to worry about getting killed by wild animals either.

• Funny x 8
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. sudoxe

sudoxe Senior Member

OORN FOR KING!!!!

PvP is still in a pretty bad state.

3. Drothe

Drothe Junior Member

And carrying millions in gold would be safe then

4. MolagAmur

MolagAmur Well-Known Member

It’s crazy how butchered this game is now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. VaddaPriest

VaddaPriest Member

i see why they dont change their policy on building tc towers on top of mountains, if they did that you would literally kill yourself in real life

6. Avargol

Avargol Well-Known Member

Funny, you didn't seem to mind before

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

We are looking into forced war-decs.
    Just need to figure out a way to do it so that it aint abused to all hell.

Capturing of TC is going to test today might be able to get wardec change into that patch to before patching.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KhaoticKaos

KhaoticKaos Well-Known Member

If you allow forced wardecs again you really need to stop alert towers pinging players.

It's one of the worst things for the game, one of the best things of MO is the lack of a map, which allows for actual strategy hiding groups and making ambushes. It's completely stupid for your group to get pinged on a tower.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

It does bug me that pvp games seem to be going more towards consentual casual pvp. I play open pvp games because they are open pvp, you dont want to get jumped when you do adn the people you jump most likely dont want to get jumped. Its what makes the world of nave so cool.

All this consensual pvp stuff is pretty lame and meaningless. It can be fun but its not a true core to the game.

Theres no meaning behind logging in in your throw away gear ready to go have some borderline arena game tier pvp in tind with some other people doing the same thing.

Consensual pvp is like playing PUBG or Fortnite or COD. You click play get fights cuz its fun repeat. This isnt what open pvp sandbox games were made for. They were supposed to be more then that.

I want true open pvp. You jump someone at their base. They get salty and try to hunt you down. More conflict breaks out.

I was actually getting this a little recently. Until they built a giant wall around their base like everyone else in this game does to make sure nothing interesting happens. Me and my friend kept raiding them so they logged more guys there so they could zerg us down next time we showed up. Meaningful conflict. WE keep griefing them so they make sure to cancer on us when we show up.

Would be a shame if TC ruins this game because everyone just has their safezone so meaningful conflict cant happen. Why attack someones base and start some conflict when they have a 100% safe zone with walls and guards?

TLDR- Make it so you can only build walls at keeps. Make it so guard upkeep goes up exponentially for every guard you place in a certain radius, so that you have to limit the guards to a couple. Then meaningful conflict at least might have the possibility of happening.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah Goodwill Embassador

It's too bad MO can't use the Shadowbane-style system of 'no flags' and declaring intent to demolish a guild (tree, stone) along with whatever structure protects it. MO will never have 'no flags'. Part of the Vision is to have flags.

Having to declare war is silly.

Not being able to kill whoever you want with or without your own discretion does not suit the playerbase at this or any foreseeable future time.

11. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

But you can kill anyone you want at any time.
    You can siege whoever you want at any time.

None of the flagging or the addition that is factions change that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah Goodwill Embassador

But not at any place-- which also means not at 'any' time.

13. zormouz

zormouz Junior Member

I agree with you about all the walls and unfortunate TC balancing issues, but I strongly disagree that taking out forced wardecs is moving away from open pvp and towards consensual pvp. Nothing about this game's pvp is consensual. There is nothing stopping you from killing anything you see. You can destroy all of those walls (balance issues aside). Yes, you're limited by guards from RPKing. But, can't you just take over the fucking town and turn the guards off? Yes, there are flags. Flags that mean and do nothing. It seems like the forced wardecs were removed because the developers thought that they were being abused. I don't know how accurate that is. On the other-hand, town fights were shit game-play to begin with. Wouldn't a better solution be something that limits walls and encourages players to leave the guard zone?

Also, Mortal was never suppose to be a "pvp" game. It was suppose to be a sandbox mmo. At least that's what was advertised. TC and conflict is an important piece of that, but it's not the only piece. And, I understand that at this point the game is primarily a pvp game...but that's kind of been the problem since the start. These pvp arenas like Darkfall make no sense. You can get the same excitement of roaming from any battle royal game (like PUBG). You need other fun gameplay systems besides for pvp for these games to be worth the inherit headaches that come with them. If PvP is the only fun thing in the game, then only PvPers play it. And if only PvPers play it, then the whole premise of a game like mortal breaks.

Also, I'm not sure why I quoted you. I'm more just commenting on the overblown reaction to what seems to be an ongoing balancing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Well I do actually think wardecs were a joke. Most of the time wardec guilds were just wardecing each other for pvp and had to accept the war decs which made them consensual garbage anyway. Or it was used to grief a new guild.

But I dont like factions cuz they are fake consensual pvp. You only join one to get fake town pvp pretty much, which to me isnt real open pvp sandbox.

And yes the game is supposed to be a sandbox not a pure pvp game. But the open pvp is a large part of the sand. When you take away danger and have tons of safe zones and tc guards you end up with grindy minecraft with bad building.

But I dont think you get even a quarter the excitement from a battle royale game that you do jumping someone in a pvp sandbox. Unless its super arena like meaningless pvp. And then I agree that its pointless and you might aswell play pubg or fortnite. But thats why I dont care for factions, I want real pvp where they want to get me back, or even dunked me in the attempt to jump them.

15. Teknique

Teknique Well-Known Member

Can you, you bring a blue to a siege and you get without exaggeration 3 weeks of murdercounts from npc soldier guards.

They murdercount, only target mangs, and respawn every 4 and a half seconds

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Avargol

Avargol Well-Known Member

Isn't that why they call them "Alert" towers?

17. KhaoticKaos

KhaoticKaos Well-Known Member

They should only ping siege weapons.

• Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iconoclasm

Iconoclasm Senior Member

Alert towers pinging players during war is just another instance of the game playing itself... why login during the war when one guy can just watch the alert towers for movement = boring.

Also forced wardecs for pvp just made the game empty outside of tindrem, implementing them back in the game is just putting a band aid over the problem and band aid spam is why the games in such a scuffed state.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Keurk

Keurk Honored Member

sorry just i don't understand why town pvp is shit to begin with ? the most enjoyable places for me to fight were actually in towns : you can avoid mounted, you can use the terrain like in krannesh to solid advantage, sneak in streets and surprise people, can handle big numbers by just being skilled. Vadda, meduli, kran, gk, or even MK pvp back in some actives days,were amazing places to fight in and best pvp i have had in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zonk

Zonk Member

Just a thought, you could make it so their guild stone tier has to be 3 or higher instead of 2 to force war on them, then you probably are not just griefing new guilds.