Is MO becoming Trammel?

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Manflayer, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:36 PM.

1. Manflayer

Manflayer Honored Member

Whats next, the ability to insure all your items?

:(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Mordakai

Mordakai New Member

Uo could only last so long before the whiners won and trammel was made.. you cant stop it from happening.

3. TheFireLord

TheFireLord Trial Member

4. Diemauer

Diemauer Member

MO is going Inverse Trammel...wealthy advanced players enjoy pvp only when they choose, and now apparently won't be losing loot, even when they do somehow die. Meanwhile noobs experience forced pvp, and lose all of their possessions on death. It would be hard to create a worse system.

Honestly, MO is making Trammel seem more reasonable. At least it provided safety and protection to those that benefit from it while they learn the game and want to focus on other stuff. Not that I would support that, but it would be more fair and somewhat understandable from a growth perspective.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Silver Supporter

I don't think it's going Trammel. It's just struggling to create meaningful conflict. PVP needs to be more than simple amusement. We need politics, intrigue, passion, etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Londo Molari

Londo Molari Trial Member

Adition of some function for keep owners would make game much more intresting.Let keep owners be able to create formal alliance with guild located at controled territory and mayby give something like sophistication boost to united by this tool guilds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dread

Dread New Member

Get your white wyrm and dragon max skills ready for trammel bros. ;)

There's a little history for ya

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Dalacor

Dalacor Well-Known Member

Yet your part of the problem and people like you. You tell Henrik how wonderful all the trivial flowery content patches are so he thinks he is doing the right thing. You stay subbed and pay your money for a game that was never wanted.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Silver Supporter

Do I? Quote? Pretty sure my last comment compared the recent patch to Ultima Online's Age of Shadows... that's hardly a compliment.

And how do you even draw that conclusion? The post you quoted stated that I felt PVP is lacking, and you claim I'm part of the problem by... supporting it? Claiming something is lacking is NOT support...

Also:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 1:23 AM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Nefan

Nefan Senior Member

Is MO being Trammel? Is it not becoming Trammel? Will these amulets by the end of their development change the game so drastically it wont be worth playing anymore - blah blah blah blah.

You know what I think is one of the biggest problems of MO? The forums, and threads like these. Sure you came at it relatively calmly (comparatively), but you still came at it all the same.

No matter what the next patch is, a vast amount of (often old players who dont even play) people spam threads and complaints and make it seem like the game is doing the worst possible thing it could.

Does the game need more bug fixing? Is it clunky and annoying? Yeah. Can we change this by talking poorly about anyone and everything? No. Does it need constant updates and balancing on the state of PvP? Yes. Has it been improving over the years in those areas? Yes (though not as much as it should have).

But does every addition to the game suddenly add a massive ultimatum in playable/unplayable and/or good/bad? No. Does every addition to the game need to be met with an onslaught of negativity, even before it has been released? Before hard details are let out? No.

Whether the game remains in your personal vision of what hardcore means, doesnt matter. If the developers feel it fits what the want the game to become, that is what matters. It's important to try and keep a player base happy, yes! However, have you ever seen the community of this game happy? Theyre always angry and unappreciative. The devs will never win, not at this point.

Attitudes are contagious, and the people who spam nonsense about everything being shit etc, over every change and update, they start a ripple that becomes a wave. Repeat for years. This community is trained to be angry and hate the game at this point. Youre not giving any room for good.

Its your choice whether you play or not, pay or not, but it is not your choice to design the game. Do yourselves a favor, and stop paying and/or playing and move on, or keep playing and see what happens, because trying to control the movement of the game, and trying to belittle the developers? It gets you and others no where but more frustrated. Be free of this game you call a waste of time and/or money, stop tearing open your wounds by posting over and over on the forums. Go play something else. Or do something else than play games. Anything really.

That's my rant of the day.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 3:52 AM
    • Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Bopkasen

Bopkasen Well-Known Member

Guaranteed that all those rings and amulets will be paid for by macroing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Livingshade^

Livingshade^ Well-Known Member

More shit to macro . Awesome patch

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Henrik Nystrom

Henrik Nystrom CEO Staff Member Developer

If only the old forum with my posts about OSI going trammel was still on the intrawebz....
    Its an insult to everything tied to our work here.
    Thanks, but NO.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

You are removing the "Full loot" from MO description with amulets/rings coming right?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Malathion

Malathion Oghmium Supporter

I think his comment was spot on. You're totally losing it and exaggerating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Livingshade^

seriously why everyone salty of one item being not droppable.. its actually pretty good, u can have a deeper progression on ur character, But to be honest i dont like the system im general, all it does is make u farm even more ..

17. Livingshade^

u must be new here, looking to the progression of mo feels like a gigantic empire castle being build , but sneakily on the backside its crumbling with every block they put on the frontside.

people are angry because they dont recognize the game anymore..

and u could be simple and say just leave the castle, but all those salty people used to live in that same castle and hate to see it crumble down faster than bricks can be placed on the front side>

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSING EXPLANATION XD , Looked kinda cool

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. gotcher

gotcher Exalted Member

how can you expect community to be reasonable when you post things like this... I can't even decide if this is just rude or poor English...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nefan

Nefan Senior Member

I understand what youre trying to say, but please refer back to my post. I cover this.

20. Henrik Nystrom

Henrik Nystrom CEO Staff Member Developer

I meant that I was a long term player in UO since beta, when trammel came I was along with many others very surprised of that change. It was pretty much adding a pvp and none pvp server. Splitting up everything.
    Now there is a discussion on MO forum question about if MO going trammel.
    Im trying to make it very clear, no we are not going trammel and will never do so, this is not that kind of game.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1