Life is feudal should i get into it

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Floky, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Floky

Floky New Member

I have been looking at LiF MMO and it looks ok but is it as "fun'" (cough cough ) as mortal
    and if so is there anyone who plays it who would take in a poor retard who still plays mortal online

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jackthestripper

jackthestripper Senior Member

in my personal opinion. nope, at least not in its current state. this game needs a lot of work to become enjoyable.

the game as a lot of very serious issues. their launcher is absolutely horrendous(much like early MO in fact), to the point that a lot of times it wont even let you play the game. the game itself is very tedious and grindy. from skills, to materials, to terraforming to anything you do....grind, grind, grind.

servers aver very unstable and go down a lot. lag is very prevalent, especially around server (map tiles) borders. walking or fighting near heavily terraformed locations is a nightmare. the game is riddled with random bugs, from audio loops, to animal getting stuck/invincible, to horses getting bugged, to UI not working....and on and on and on.

on top of this PVP is heavily penalized. you think it's bad in MO? its 10 times worse in LIF. even hitting your own guild mates, if not in the same party, will result in you losing alignment. when you die you literally lose skills depending on how much alignment (or -alignment) you have. alignment is hard to get and easy to lose. judgement hour is the only hour where you are able to go have a bit of pvp fun, but everyone just sits behind their walls just like in MO. the actual Keep and surrounding walls is invulnerable anyways, so at most you can raid a few huts and the external palisade only.

if you love a slow game where you can build, farm, mine, craft and just terraform yourself a picturesque medieval village, then this game is for you. if you are looking for full loot, free for all exciting pvp...stay away.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah Goodwill Embassador

There are more people on the Discord Server for LiF MMO (link), including many currently or formerly from the game of Mortal Online, than there are who regularly read these forums-- so that would be a great place to go, ask the same question, and read about fun or the lack thereof in comparison to MO.

But to answer your question, from what I see reported and discussed there, @jackthestripper is right.

4. WragG

WragG Trial Member

nope

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Valhalo

Valhalo Member

Yeah, nahhh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dalacor

Dalacor Well-Known Member

I tried it for a few weeks and its a massive time sink and very raw(not in a good way), personally its not the game for me at all but its interesting to try I suppose. I wouldnt have played if I didnt have the YO version which gave me the MMO for free.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Floky

Floky New Member

i have tried it and the grind is soooooo intense, grinded for 8 hrs raised 3 lvls and pvp is crap every one hides behind walls i am a fu**** naked with a stone axe and dudes in full plate are running from me to go hide

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Lord_Casso

Lord_Casso Senior Member

Get a bow, apparently they r op, I played for a little, but not for the pvp

9. Dalacor

Dalacor Well-Known Member

Play LIF if:

1. You can dedicate many hours every day
    2. You enjoy grind
    3. You dont mind bugs(oh wait you played MO, scratch that one)
    4. You dont mind 3rd person view(1st person is horrible in LIF)
    5. You enjoy repeating the same action for days and days to get good at something(worse than skilling up in MO)
    6. You enjoy building side of games as its so much work(Its like having 5 kids and 2 jobs)
    7. You love walls, in some parts it Palisade after palisade for as far as the eye can see
    8. You enjoy taking 4 hours to cross the map and see 100 palisades but no players at all

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Najwalaylah

I am relatively sure that the number of bugs, Strilans, and Azzerhodens present in LiF should keep several different classes of Mortal Online players happily out of Life is Feudal-- some toxins, you can build a tolerance for and some, you just get an allergy to.

11. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

Just started playing now, seems ok at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Sebastion

Sebastion Focus Group

If on Buyan and run into someone named Dewdrop then stop and say hello. It is my wife and she is always friendly. The character I have there is Dissin. But I am not playing often myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

Thanks seb , will do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Avargol

Avargol Well-Known Member

For your playstyle LiF:MMO will be a good fit

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Hodo

Hodo Well-Known Member

I play LIF-MMO every other day.. mainly now just to maintain my personal claim, and that is about it.

The biggest issues with the game are as follows.
    -Shitty server support. The Russian developers cut corners when it came to the North American server, and got the cheapest server provider which happens to have the LOWEST rating on the BBB.

-Lack of actual sieges and no hope of seeing them anytime soon. The developers are scared that the implementation of actual sieges will scare off the few remaining players they have.

-Outside of Judgement Hour (JH), there really isnt much open world PVP. People are afraid of losing alignment. (which is why that guy in half plate ran from you).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Najwalaylah

Thank you for being the canary in the coal mine. Your opinions are generally well-informed and always clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Floky

Floky New Member

so I have come to present my findings I have 100hr in the game so I feel as if I can present a legitimate opinion of the game. the 3 main forms of combat, archery, mele, and cavalry are all very limiting the cavalry is at best an implementation that was never fully built, the archery is soo excruciating to grind I am talking about at a bare minimum of over 40 hrs of grinding and that is with a very specific character build but I got to the actual bow it was alright decent pvp fun with it and mele is very gear intensive so u need to grind it out before really enjoying it. long and short is to just get one character to be able to have fun pvping or just fighting u need to invest about 150hrs of GRINDING not playing Fu**** grinding to just start enjoying the game which after all said and done is interesting but with the lose of lvls that take ages to get back after any death well call me a carebear but I think I will just go back to sliting my wrists

All in all it is a funish game but it is not a mortal replacement Life is Feudal is a medieval life simulator and to be honest the grinding killed it for me.

18. jackthestripper

jackthestripper Senior Member

you logged 100 hours since your initial post last Thursday?! .....its Tuesday.....you've logged in 100 hours 4.5 days?.....that's not even possible man.

19. Floky

Floky New Member

I started a few days before posting here I think I had 45 -50 when I posted

20. Hodo

Hodo Well-Known Member

It is possible.
    4.5days /100 hours= 22.2~ hours per day
    So if he didnt sleep the first two days and only slept for 4 hours the second day he could have done 100 hours in 4.5 days. That still leaves him 4 hours to do other things like go to the restroom and such.

4.5 days = 108hours.

Not saying it is healthy... but I have seen people do that before.

• Agree Agree x 1