Magic Development Update 11

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Sebastian Persson, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Fredovsky

Fredovsky Gold Supporter

I've been fighting dall Roba recently. The mage with sand strike can cast tru walls with super high range and the animation is completely invisible. Will elementalist be that overpower ? :p

2. Fredovsky

Fredovsky Gold Supporter

Seb, can you tell us if it will need spirits to cast some of the elementalist spells ? like necromancy ?

3. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

No spirits at the moment no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yeonan

Yeonan Senior Member

Keep it that way please, wouldnt make sense if they did in my humble opinion

5. Sebastian Persson

We agree.
    Trying to make each school different from the other to keeping them a bit separate.
    Elementalism has the new targeting system and the interaction with weather.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nemosheart

Nemosheart Senior Member

@Sebastian Persson the only thing i hope from this new school is them scrolls are not related to NPC. i hope it came from random spawns like the shipwreck, the grave, the urn/box in the natural habitat with random spawn rate for scrolls scattered throughtout the game. Giving as it is nature related spells. it shouldnt be NPC drop and chest

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sebastian Persson

I assume you are talking about seals.
    The seals for the first phase are half real easy to get and the second part has a little quest-line thingy and some neat adventuring connected to it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. InBForBoom

InBForBoom Member

please make this stuff difficult to get. I want a good challenge for it especially the higher tier stuff

9. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

well thats just great you , just told me why i miss all the time with my archer against people but i can hit everything else ingame and bounce arrows off everything but people even though i shoot thru their paper doll center mass.
    because my arrows are not even there on the server. how could you do this to me all these years?

10. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

and you have said before that it WAS a projectile and not a scan-hit thing..so why is it not THERE on the server to hit what i shoot at??

11. Sebastian Persson

You.. are misunderstanding all the things. :(
    Not having projectiles on the server is MUCH MUCH more accurate when it comes to aiming.

12. Sebastian Persson

It's a projectile on the client.
    It's not a hit-scan.

13. MolagAmur

MolagAmur Well-Known Member

The magic school is exactly what the game needs. Everyone is gonna come back and it’s gonna fix so many of the games issues! Woo

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

except when you are someone who plays on a dsl line with lag and shoot properly to put the arrow thru the paper doll center mass when it reaches the target not when i release the dam arrow
    no wonder i can not hit anything at anything at other than meele range

15. Sebastian Persson

This is.. no this is not accurate at all.
    Having it on the client means dsl will NOT matter, FPS might.

16. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

if it does not matter then why have i missed center mass shots all these years where i see the arrow go thru the paper doll of the target or its horse....

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Sebastian Persson

Ya ok, IDK but .. I'm just telling you how it works..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

i dont understand why you added this marksmanship skill to archer that makes headshots super easy peoples heads magicly dont get bigger..unless you a dickhead, no real shooter except snipers go for headshots...why would you want to promote incorrect style, since we are trying to be most realistic?
    why is shooting paper doll center mas like trying to hit a broomstick handle shoved up a chars ass with a oversized basketball on top?

19. MolagAmur

MolagAmur Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like a learn to play issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

i play just fine ,and when i clearly shoot something thru its paper doll i dam well expect to get a hit ..when i clearly shoot thru someones Horse paper doll i expect to get a hit..not 1 hit in maby 10 shots
    if char MA for instance is left going right in from of me and i aim and shoot over to the right to put the arrow thru the paper doll as it goes by in the crossing shot ...and nothing someone straight lining away drop shots thru their paper doll and nothing... someone running me over with a polesword in my face at under 5 meters range then i get a hit in before being hacked.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018