Magic Development Update 11

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Sebastian Persson, Dec 1, 2017.

1. chingaperros

chingaperros Well-Known Member

bcuz ur shit at the game

2. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

and you are less than that . go back to your hole.

3. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

i shoot most other things just fine towers seige weapons big pets ..sometimes issues same thing its like the targets are never where i am seeing them and or where the arrow goes when i shoot something even though that is where I see the target or predict the target to be for the range dropshot.
    me trying to dropshot shoot center mass paper dolls at range, a mounted on a big horse is not a small target for instance, and stippling that moving paper doll with many arrows that i see go thru that paper doll and get dink all hits...which has been the case all along..still trying to understand why there should not be a coat of arrows stuck in that rider and mount from the many angles i shot it thru.

4. chingaperros

mayb ur just blind

5. Irontengu

Irontengu Senior Member

the only reason this has come up again is because SV have told me before that is was a projectile..but now comments indicate that it is not a projectile in game when i shoot it to hit the targets where i shoot at...so either it is or is not a proper projectile , it cannot be both.
    i do know it is some kind of projectile thing because i can stipple a tree with arrows and go down there and see them all sticking out of it, but i can do the same thing to people and their pets and not see a single one of the many arrows put thru that paper dolls, and i do not get hits.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. chingaperros

It looks very weird not seeing other ppls arrows tho, is there any chance they could make arrows server side too? since your already building that system for the new spells

7. Rathgar

Rathgar Well-Known Member

Hey I didn't rat you out sebby. these simpletons need to stay away from our discord

8. jhackman

jhackman Member

It would probably add a ton of strain to the server. If you shoot an arrow irl the bugger goes so fast you couldn’t react to it even if you do see it.

9. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

It's a projectile.

10. aguimaraes

aguimaraes Member

ITS A PO JEC TILE !!!! I KNUW IT!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kha-Ri

Kha-Ri Honored Member

It's a projectile because you need to aim above the target to hit him in the distance - the arrow arcs down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. LGrayFoxL

LGrayFoxL Well-Known Member

Seb, what is this magic nonsense? did u watch to much harry potter? implement ships mate

13. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

Yes I do like the potter.
    I loved the fantastic beasts movie.
    I do not like ships get easily seasick.

14. LGrayFoxL

LGrayFoxL Well-Known Member

I wish one day i will be most feard Pirate in whole nave

15. Speznat

Speznat Well-Known Member

i also dislike all the magic shit and patches, but i know that some good stuff will come in future maybe. they done always great stuff beside the magic stuff, so lets hope the best.
    I mean all the new magic school shit are only for the 1% of players that have the money.
    Sebastian you must create stuff that attract noobs and and new players.

a rework of the whole first 5hours playtime in mortal would be cool. like fixing old tindrem graphics the clunky walls for example, npc sleep times. small dialogs, animals that attack animals in the wild, huge roaming animal spawns, 4k resolution support, 4k monitors are costing 250-350 now they going mainstream this year. new login screen, an ingame video starter tutorial, and ingame video armor and weapon and combat explanation, and video in the skill tree that explainst the skill bonuses and stuff.

important:
    Steam noobs are lazy people, you need to put everything in there asses, they are not that kind of people that last long in mortal, but you must change them slowly to hardcore game mortal lovers than they will stay and change there way of gaming. by making the start and beginner shit more friendly, in form of explanation and cool stuff that happen here. how should anew player know that mortal have one of the most freedom housing and territory systems of the world. how should a new player know that mortal have more than 150 crafting materials that can be used to make unique stuff.

I know its hard and much work, but we beleive in you. such changes could attract thousends of new players.

16. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

I’ve said it since necromancy: this game doesn’t need new magic schools, the focus should be on something more important

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Speznat

Speznat Well-Known Member

the main Strengh of mortal:

Crafting System (From butcher over Alchemist to Extractor to ArmorCrafter all)
    No Quests
    Freedom of Choice in any way (PVP)
    Housing and Territory Control
    Gameplay that is the most unique ever
    Landscape, Dungeons, Caves
    Sozial interaction are much different than from any other games
    Constand and growing development improvement each month
    Freedom to do Anything

That is stuff that you do really really good :)
    and new nooby shit players dont even know 1point of that.
    the whole forum should brainstorm how we can use that points to attract people in the first 1-5hours.
    or how we can show the new players in there first hours what mortal does really really good so that they stick.

18. agead_drem

agead_drem Senior Member

Absolutely thrilled to be getting another one of the magic schools unsealed. Keep up the great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Emphyperdrive

Emphyperdrive Member

Indeed! It might happen one day when the server reaches a staggering population of 10 people.

20. Yeonan

Yeonan Senior Member

Yeahh im with ya.

You know its funny, when i first started we still had the old magic targeting system. Which if i recall, was reworked so they could work on new schools.

The big complaint was there werent enough magic schools, mages were useless other than heal-bots and tamers. And how we needed more schools to make mages worth playing.

2 magic schools later with a third on the way, mages are finally capable in PvE without the need for pets or mounts.

Hopefully elementalism will round mages off nicely and offer another option.

Either way, im happy with it and hope some more polish and a TC rework follows for a bit.

• Friendly Friendly x 1