Make dynamic mob spawn points ASAP

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by C3ncio, Oct 11, 2017.

1. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Thats a pretty important thing. Player houses and TC structures are blocking mob spawn points and this is becoming to be a ridiculous situation. Jungle is loosing various spawns of Razorbacks and other good spawns are missing: Myrland already dont have anymore Desert Lykiators because of the wall built very close to the spawn point. Is this... is this a thing? I mean, we dont have anymore desert lykiators for a whole continent!? And if someone build a house in the desert lyk spawn in sarducaa? No more desert lyk in the game? Come on, SV, this game need more players fast but this kind of things are so unprofessional that obviously scares new players.

Make spawns move a little when someone build close to it but dont stop spawns or the mobs in the map will be very few now that everyone can build a house where he want...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Sebastion

Sebastion Focus Group

Agreed. Spawns should just move a little instead of being removed.

I sometimes wonder if some people place the basic house deeds for the sole purpose of blocking spawns.

Add to that the decay not seeming to be working correctly leaving us with unbuilt houses blocking spawns since the first few days of the housing patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. grizzlyjam

grizzlyjam Senior Member

Agreed. If they can make it something like a weekly check for the spawn point, where it moves from the original to the next "free" point within a larger region around the original. Checks weekly if original spot is still occupied. If it becomes free, it moves back. If not it stays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. C3ncio

C3ncio New Member

Great idea, better if daily at server restart tho

6. Herius

Herius Quality Assurance Lead Staff Member Developer

Where would they go though?
    It would be an extremely complicated Ai spawn system, with a lot of follow up problems.

7. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Just give like every mob spawn / every half useful mob spawn like a custom radius it can roam / spawn in. And if that is blocked it would move to a different spot in the radius. It sounds simple, maybe its not, but something along those lines. Cuz custom roam area would prevent aids broken rng spawning where it like spawns on the mountain next to the spawn lol.

Or even something like each spawn just has several placed nodes it can spawn on. And it will pick another if the main one is blocked. Would take a bit of time for each mob but would be extra simple and still work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. grizzlyjam

grizzlyjam Senior Member

I'm familiar with coding or how the spawn system is here. In my head I thought something like using existing checks at a certain radius from the original spot to find out where the new spot would be. I imagine checks like is a tree there, is there buildings here, is this area accesible/etc or something along those lines exist? So it would be "dynamic" instead of static or GM moved.

That I guess or a petition system to get spawns moved if they unfortunately are in the way of building plans. If rather they be done en masse tho so every week and not daily. So it's not too annoying for gms. And the more semi-permanent/long-lasting TC is the one in need of having spawns moved anyways.

9. Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson Lead Programmer Staff Member Developer

Spawns now only shrink until they are way to small to spawn anything at all.
    Moving them would be incredibly complicated.

10. jhackman

jhackman Member

Just make it so they spawn and can attack in houses. If I build a house close enough for animals to kill me in whos dumb fault is it? And if someone walls them in and enough people want the spawn it will be up to them to seige.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. vermintide

vermintide Member

sieges weapons , grab ppl to ur cause

12. Sebastian Persson

This would result in even MORE gating as people would build everything inside spawns to have quick access to a butcher table etc.

13. Sebastian Persson

Maybe talk to them first?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jhackman

jhackman Member

Maybe but there are ways for people to wall in the spawns they want to(make the wall far enough around the spawn) but they don’t currently.

15. RoeyMara

RoeyMara Trial Member

Should just not let build too close to spawns tbh. Its 'build everythere' except in cities. You know location of your spawns, was pretty logical just make that spots no-build right away too, like cities and caves. Now its too late tho since multiple people alredy build there i guess.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jhackman

jhackman Member

Nah just do what I said and make it up to the other people to free the spawns if they want. I mean you let the caves and places be easily walled. Already I’m pretty sure theres no animals worth farming more the the queens or some rocks. And the thorax moves too much.

17. vermintide

vermintide Member

talk with boulders. They send you friend requests after. we dont want talk we want farm. They want talk

18. Sebastian Persson

This is something we thought about.
    Instead we did decide to go the "build anywhere" way as it's the more sandboxy way to go and.."you can't build here" is a really annoying message.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. t2ddyb3ar

t2ddyb3ar Senior Member

On the other side... A guild or a player that would like too explore Gk or the risar dungeon for example just too find it all walled off. Is pretty annoying too....

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sebastian Persson

It's a tricky situation for sure.