Minting coins

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sargrim, May 15, 2018.

1. Sargrim

Sargrim Junior Member

We should just have a class that allows us to smelt gold bars into cold coins, silver bars to silver coins, and cuprum to cuprum coins.

The skill should be a secondary with no prerequisites.

Discuss :D

• Disagree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Hayasa

Hayasa Exalted Member

You can, when you vendor them

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sargrim

Sargrim Junior Member

no i want to smelt a stack of gold bars into a stack of gold (or more)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. SneezeNuts

SneezeNuts Junior Member

no

very dumb idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. barcode

barcode Member

i have no problem with this so long as the coins are your own (i.e. vendors dont want them). they could be used to setup an alternate economy where the supply of coin is limited to what you mint, and only your town/guild vendors would trade with them, and other players of course.

-barcode

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Sargrim

Sargrim Junior Member

would be fun to have a separate game currency

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ichorous

Ichorous The Argent Speedster

If you just want a fiat currency, you can make one out of anything. The only requirements of a proper currency is that it be fungible and theoretically impossible to duplicate without authority from the sanctioning state.

You can do this in Mortal Online via cooking. Make a weird recipe, keep it secret, cook stacks of it, give it a special name, and assign each unit a relative value. Tada! Currency.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Tehmudjin

Tehmudjin Honored Member

There might be a slight risk of inflation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Speznat

Speznat Honored Member

no because if you use secret recipe like 1unit of that and 1 unit of that and 154 of that than you have unique sliders. and with compare skill you can check if its fake or not.

10. Speznat

Speznat Honored Member

also the inflation would be unresonable at some point because with enough on the market the sense of making more would be gone because the time to make compared to the time it is worht would be lower.

11. Tehmudjin

Tehmudjin Honored Member

I wasnt talking to you. Stop flattering yourself.

12. Speznat

Speznat Honored Member

I just explained it why no inflation is possible in the longrun, but okay.

13. Tehmudjin

Tehmudjin Honored Member

Why are you quoting me? I wasnt even commenting on your post. But waiting for maximum inflation is a pretty shitty protection against inflation.

14. Speznat

Speznat Honored Member

but its the only way to regulate it in a game like mortal, for us as community its the only way.

otherwise an alternative money wouldn't make sense to make, because the printer itself could print for themselves and steal other time(money). so the only way is overinflation for a fair trading basis.

or maybe sv starts that no gold can be used only stuff cna be traded and the number traded is in gold and cuprum but if you give the npc to muhc than you wont get the rest in cuprum and silver.

other option would be steel coins instead of gold coins.
    with the option to melt the coins to steel and use them as armor or weapon would stop any inflation and gold(steel coin would be worth always the same)

15. Ichorous

Ichorous The Argent Speedster

You can just keep one unit of it and use it to check stackability. The sanctioned currency made with the correct recipe will stack. Fake currency won't stack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1