Mounted combat with swords.

Discussion in 'Commoners Questions & Answers' started by Avarious, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Avarious

Avarious Member

Does anyone have any videos or information about being a mounted combat with swords. Trying to get an idea if I can even really pull it off haha.

2. EnergYY

EnergYY Well-Known Member

I remember some used swelled blades on mcs at some point, they werent the meta but were viable enough, not sure if thats still the case through.

3. EnergYY

EnergYY Well-Known Member

4. Avarious

Avarious Member

Thanks for the information man! I ended up needing a mounted character to get stuff done quicker and don't want to go the typical meta clubs or axes lol

5. Komodor

Komodor Oghmium Supporter

Steel mess swelled

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Avarious

Avarious Member

pretty decent damage considering how inexpensive that is to make.

7. Avarious

Avarious Member

do you have any other videos of mounted combat with sword?

8. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

I think mc swelled blades do more damage then axes to mount but cant dismount. And may do less to heavy armor cuz less blunt.

Not sure if that was before or after kall great axe buff tho. Cuz thats when everyone switched from double to kall great with damage handles for more damage. I think swelled are still fine tho. And you can fight better on foot. Nothing better then watching a mc try to fight on foot with his axe he doesnt know how to foot fight with.

9. shuffel

shuffel Junior Member

if you want to do max damage whitout any dismount swords are your weapon.

They are cheap to make and give you more bang your your buck

A tungsteel head whit sponge core and messing handle Swelled blade OR champion can do around 120 to HEAD mount and 85-100 horse.

Also getting handle hits whit the sword is really hard to do.

sledges are still king because of the blunt damage.

but swords are a perfect mount killer.

10. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Member

Best mount killer cronite halberd with flake messing handle does 140dmg on mount
    Second best mount killer kall great axe tung with falke flake handle 105dmg to mount
    Last but not least ogh swelled blade 100dmg to mount
    Choose wisely

11. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Member

Btw if you plan on using swelled blades as swords use them with spongewood handle , everything heavier will make you loose a lot of damage because you will go over your STR. unless you have 139 str on your MC you can use messing handle but if you only have 119 stick to sponge.

12. Avarious

Avarious Member

Thanks for all your information!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. HornyFurry

HornyFurry Well-Known Member

mounted combat = dismount = win

sadly swords are only good if u got a dismounter in the group cuz while they are dismounted on the ground u can rape their mount with your sword due to swords have such high slash dmg + they swing fast so u can get more hits on their mount compared to an axe, while they are knockedown on the ground.

Stll tind messing sledgehammer enchanced with flawless/perfect weapon hilt is by far the best.

u can dismount them 24/7 and when u dismount them u can hit them for 70-80s while they try get back up on their horse and pretty much kill them before they get up on their mount and run away, if u gut guud timing

14. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Just roll spears/swords mounted on a tamed mount. So when you get dismounted and ur mount dies instantly you can just play the game like it was meant to be played. On foot :p

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HornyFurry

HornyFurry Well-Known Member

^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Avarious

Avarious Member

i prefer foot combat 100% but i need mats and carcass im sick of paying others to do plus my gold reserve is so low haha.

17. Komodor

Komodor Oghmium Supporter

Erm... without 200g budget for gear per death you will not have even start in mounted combat

18. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Foot fighter with riding to farm? Or a super pve fighter with cc herding riding and junk. Better at farmign then a mc if you have like a horse and 2 donkeys. Mc riding your mount you can only carry 4 stacks. Donkey behind u can carry like 7.

Cuz the problem I see here is that ur broke but mounted is the most expensive class in the game. If you die transporting ur boned. Even in scroach gear mounts cost a lot. And a not top tier mount is a dead mount so you cant cheap out on that. I've tried it, my non maxed ok level 77 bulls died every time I got attacked not outside town pretty much.