Patching error, again...

Discussion in 'Commoners Questions & Answers' started by Tyago04, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Tyago04

Tyago04 Trial Member

Oh god, I can't believe I'm back here already...
    So, yesterday, the issue was the download coming super slow (congrats for SV for fixing that up so quickly), today, it's time for "Old file not found"

Seriously, it's like the game hates me, and doesn't want me to play =(

I have already tried re-downloading the patch which went bad, and removing the troubled file, still I just get the " ERROR: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

I just don't know what to do anymore.

The bugged file is "Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'mortalonline\UnrealEngine3\MortalGame\CookedPC\Maps\MortalOnline\Myrland\Myrland_4x2.mo'"

Please, please help me =x

2. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

Sounds like you'll need to reinstall. To save on downloading again, check my green signature link.

3. Tyago04

Tyago04 Trial Member

I didn't even save the files, jut deleted this whole broken patch and am now re-downloading to reinstal.
    But what I don't understand is that, this error wasn't supposed to show up at the very first install of the game, was it? =/

4. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

Hard to tell what is "supposed" with SV... :D

I had that message aswell, fumbled something intuitive in my installation and fired up the MO client without launcher - or something like that, don't remember really and I don't care since I just make a copy as soon as I have a working installation. I can tell that this message didn't come on both my gaming rigs though, so maybe it is somewhat random.

Not saving the patch wasn't truly clever, it's usually not the download that have an issue. Oh well, I wish you patience for another download then.

Do you have enough space on both your system and game disk ? You easily need 40GB total if not more.

5. Tyago04

Tyago04 Trial Member

Because of the whole slow downloading problem, I must have cut off the download and put it back on like, a thousand times. I had network issues of my own. I downloaded one of the files 3/4 by uTorrent, just to end copying it from 1 hard drive to another, in order to use the launcher to finish it...
    I'm hoping, truly and deeply hoping, that one of those things corrupted a file, and all I've gotta do is redownload and install...

Plus, the HD I'm trying to install MO has 142GB free, the game would have to be completely obese to use that up xD (does my root HD have to have 50 free gigas as well? it only has 33...)

6. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

The space on your system drive will get used alot too (unless you changed your system TEMP directory) since MO saves temporary files in %TEMP% during patching. 33GB should be enough for that though, as long as you have the game and patches on another drive and run the patcher from there.

7. Paratus

Paratus Guest

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

9. Tyago04

Tyago04 Trial Member

10. GhettoFish

GhettoFish New Member

dunno if this has been suggested, but make sure you have at least 12GB free space on the drive where mortal is installed.

11. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

This isn't quite correct, the current amount is much much higher. Even after installation the game needs 24GB including patches (and those need space during installation) - and during installation it probably is more. He already wrote that he has 130+GB free on his game disk though.

Anyhow, since MO is growing in size steadily, I suggest much larger reserves anyways. And c'mon, hard disk space is cheap these days.

12. Subudai

Subudai Member

Try downloading and installing it on a different computer and if its successful, transfer it to your computer

13. Tyago04

Tyago04 Trial Member

Just wanted to let you guys know, complete reintall did the trick for me. I set it up to install, went out and now, when I came back, found the game all ready to be played =D

Thanks you all, now I can have a shot at this thing, which looks like an awesome game ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. GhettoFish

GhettoFish New Member

glad to hear, hope you like it as muvh as we do. have fun and see you on the steppes. watch out for RP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

Holy cow, yes ! Beware the dangers or roleplaying - it might damage your brain or worse ! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ganja

Ganja New Member

I have had this issue on each of the last 2 patches. First time I did a complete redownload/reinstall and it worked. This time on suggestion from Paratus I am doing what I consider a partial reinstall. Its not finished yet so not sure if it works. Complete fresh install after each new patch is NOT an option.

Looneytic

17. GhettoFish

GhettoFish New Member

The curse of the lost K :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mauzi

Mauzi Status King

No, that's not needed normally. I only hope that you at least saved the patches away as described in the green link in my signature.

19. Ganja

Ganja New Member

Well so far for this error it is. I have plenty of disk space and have been using this computer and updating without any errors for the last 6 months until 2 patches ago when they bundled a bunch of the patch files.

Yes I have all the patches saved. Paratus had be extract the 3 main patches again and then run launcher. So I am just kind of reinstalling the MOP file patches again.

UPDATE: The above process worked and only took about 1 hour.