Quad vs FL @ Vadda graveyard

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and Art' started by Darran, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Azaraah Oghmium Supporter

I agree.. I wish we would get medieval cloaks instead of the batman capes.

Edit: Nice video Darran although not really my type of music. Other than that its was amusing to watch I guess.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Derpy Member

I was just thinking about the capes looking ugly. Standing still I think they are quite awesome but when the player moves it's too... light. As in it freakin moves WAY to much.
  3. Cearbhall Well-Known Member

not avaible in my country
    GERMANY sucks if you want to watch youtube videos :(
  4. featherz Senior Member

Firefox with there proxy add on.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Darran Senior Member

I'll upload it to vimeo when I get home :D
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ltankhsd Senior Member

Yes you are the only one.
  7. Darran Senior Member

I think the capes move way too much, they need to be heavier.. but considering it took them very little time to make and henrik can do them himself, I don't think they are too bad :) They can always remake them when (and if) they get artist working on MO :p
  8. ThaBadMan Honored Member

Isnt his name still Tyr ? U dont call people by titles yet in this game ;)

Nice video, really liked watching it :D
  9. Hey! I am an artist as well :) Thats how I started out.
    Yeah well I can directly see what should be changed on them, but sadly as I said before we dont have much option with the current system we are using, to keep as much performance as possible. If we used Apex, they would look better, act more as a cape would in real life, but we cant use that now. We can do minor changes on the cape as it is now, but I wouldnt expect huge differences until we change the physic system. It really comes down to the physics calculation now, nothing I can change or animate or tweak to change how that looks, other than play around further within Unreal Engines physic engine, which I have pretty much done for some days to really master their functions, and this is so far the best results. This is also why you dont see much cloth in unreal engines games before apex. there could be a banner or to, and on gears of wars main char which means 1 cloth thing between the legs of the hero, they are using the same tech as we are, but could give it a bit more detail in how it can bend etc due to there is only 1 in the entire game. We have to count for every player in the world could very well run around with one. But yeah, like you said, it isnt a major one and we dont need to spend to much time into this one for now. Later on perhaps we can use apex or something else more fancier, as long as performance can be kept, thats prio one.

Shortly there should be a few diff types of capes so there should be one type for each preferd style.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Darran Senior Member

Now that we are talking about artists, how about we get a donation goal for new animations or you start adding new animations to players :p Mob animations are ok but player animations need work imo (mainly combat animations, running and walking is fine)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Darran Senior Member

I have uploaded the video to vimeo twice with different resolutions and it seems to put my video in fucked up aspect ratio.. so sorry germans :(