Sebby, Why is THIS HERE?

Discussion in 'Commoners Questions & Answers' started by P0W3RK1D, Aug 12, 2017.

1. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

this is more of a question post in response of the one i previously made - directed to you sebby.
    Lances , Scythes...why are they in the game? what purpose do they have? what advantage do they have thats not IMMEDIATLY trampled by their downfalls.

im mainly asking this for lances, but may also pertain to scythes.
    no one uses either, they are scarce on the market kuz no one even wastes their time smithing them, there is no NPCs that sell them for thoes of us who want to try them out and get good with them and their ineffectiveness as of compared to other weapons when it comes to combat is just depressing.

i dont know what the deal is about the scythes since IVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO EVEN GET MY HANDS ON ONE!!! they are that rare, no one even bothers to make them.

and with lances my guess is you would have meant them mainly for mounted combat, but everyone prefers their INSTAKILL hammers and axes which do probly 3 times more damage and are much easier to hit with. and in Ground combat not only can you not hold a shield at the same time that u hold a lance, but the HANDLE hits and ant sized sweet spot hit box are just....well, useless against most mobs and aggressive fighters (which is like....90% of this game); I mean....the range on this thing puts the spear to ABSOLUTE SHAME, but so does the handle hit ratio, and the lance dosent do enough damage to make up for it, and the moment you come up against anything that can move at a fraction of your speed, or anyone wielding any melee weapon that requires close range.....your straight up done.

@Sebastian Persson

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Shrink1992

Shrink1992 Junior Member

Lances are not a foot weapon. Also lances used to be broken over powered. They would insta kill kids while you're on mount so they were nerfed to shit. And they never really fixed them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

Would?....would instakill?
    Mounted Axes and hammers do that today!

• Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Trust me mounted has come a long way. Its still aids just imagine how op it useto be.

And a scythe isnt a good weapon irl why would it be better then a sword. They are in game to be cool and RP.

5. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Member

this proves that you never used lances,
    lances hit for 60 to 150 on riders if you are an mc , yes they hit more than sledgehammers , they have more range , the only reason why no one uses them is because they break in few hits you loose a steel one in like 1 mid fight , can't even finish the fight with it.

6. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

well the way games usualy work is it allows players to choose thier own style of combat.
    each weapon will work diffrently and thus each has its own stregnths and weaknesses.
    no one weapon should be inferior in every way just like no one weapon should be superior in every way - thats called balance.

for a scythe (using more of an IRL comparison) it would be able to swing in wide distances (even in 180-360 degrees around the player), doing damage to everything near the wielder with slashing damage. a scythe needs tons of skill to use but its wide ranged slashing, good reach distance, and heart pounding damage would make it a force to be reconed with. however as such - a scythe is very top-heavy, this would mean that you would not be able to swing it at all fast. and because its swing and recoil swing speed is so slow it would be easily predictable and blockable - scythe fighters would be weak against dagger users especially.

there needs to be balance so players can choose their own style of gameply and still be just as effective as anyone else

7. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

welp....i cant say that thats balanced XD
    but as i stated above, there needs to be order.
    no one weapon should be that powerfull.

-Reduce that damage, down to about 2/3 or 1/2 on mounted lance
    -reduce the damage of ALL other weapons on mounted to about 20-30% below the lances mounted damage so lance is still the goto weapon when it comes to melee mounted combat, but other weapons are still do-able.

9. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Member

Why not just do it like for ma's , ma's can't use longbows they have to use special MA bows , make it same for mc's , they have to use special mc weapons
    ez fix

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

mabey that... but the main problem is kinda the damage factor. they are too fast, with too much hp to be doing that much damage with that easy of a hit.
    a lot of factors play into the OPness of mounted combat.

and for mounted archers, not only are they fast and tanky, but they can HAWKEYE you from further range than a lance ever could, and your still receiving 20-60 damage PER ARROW.
    they are the best farmers and argueably the best pvpers and ^ that is why.

11. vermintide

vermintide Member

guy been here since non factor time
    call seb like its his buddy
    get real

12. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

"Sebby", its somthing i choose call Sebastion ....i just felt like it, and so it happened. Why are u the one offended? XD

13. Volvagia

Volvagia Senior Member

ever since they made it so MC's could dismount other mounted anything that does not dismount atleast 90 % of the time is pushed out of the meta besides the few people that still wanna use swords and lances.

Also could you plz sub and then learn the mechanics and history of honestly anything you have talked about before suggesting balance changes.(don't even have to sub to use the search engine on the forums) -Thanks

14. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

You can chose ur playstyle tho. Theres tons of viable weapon heads, the only ones that straight up suck are scythe and hand axe.

And, theres no reason a scythe can have a bigger swing arc then a sword. Just be glad they re did scythe hitbox so you can actually use it now.

15. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

noooott quite.
    sword = axe with less handel hit
    axe = slash damage hammer
    spear = dagger with longer range and slower strike speed
    pole axe/sword = spear that you can use slash atks with
    mace = blunt damage sword with bigger handel hit.

of course you can choose your weapon whch each has its own advantage...but as for uniqueness and style changing - i wouldnt say so.

they all relitivley atk the same.
    you can really only play evasive, agressive, or defensive
    they have relitlvely the same animations and strike speeds with very few special (weapon specific) skills.
    same stances.
    the meta forces all to build dex , con , and str - anything apart from this usually gets rekt in the average fight.

not too many unique animations, attack directions, or battle strats that would allow for much diversity.
    and as ive stated before META is the key word in this game kuz its just so strong why would u wana choose anything weaker - (Every other build!) - this goes for mounted and MA as well

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Volvagia

Volvagia Senior Member

God just stop and leave please.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. P0W3RK1D

P0W3RK1D Member

*gently puts finger up to volvagia's lips* "shhhhhh, it will be ok"

18. Volvagia

Volvagia Senior Member

no it wont if they listen to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

19. agead_drem

agead_drem Senior Member

Back to making Og pickaxes.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. grizzlyjam

grizzlyjam Well-Known Member

HEY. SCYTHES ARE FUN ALRIGHT. they aren't too bad either. But yes, it's more Of a fun weapon than an efficient one. But it's not horrible if you compensate with skill. Or be noobie and do 1handed holy and fist slam everyone with no hilt hits. XD

And instead of putting a hard limit to what you can or can't do.....i just wish they can manipulate it so that the freedom to do whatever is still there, just reduce efficiency to null. But players who just wanna have fun can still do it D : like the skull lance head on a 2h staff to make a bane staff. Can't craft that anymore : [ . . .But it looks so dann cool....