Ultimate Fix Mortal Online Thread

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by VaddaPriest, Apr 7, 2018.

1. VaddaPriest

VaddaPriest Member

Mortal Online is a unique, one of a kind game with an incredibly addictive and competitive hook that should have massive amounts of players flocking to jump into the action. But due to so many issues with the game, Mortal Online has a problem retaining players old and new.

Just For Reference Mortal Online is in the Worst State its ever been in
    [​IMG]

I've compiled a list of EVERYTHING I could possibly think of that keeps Mortal Online from being a successful game, partly in hopes that it will help the developers fix some of the issues. But also partly so that @Henrik Nystrom, @Sebastian Persson, @Herius and @LGM Discord have no excuse to wonder why their game is failing.

I've laid it all out here for you. If you are too stubborn to fix certain aspects of the game or have to much pride to remove a feature that makes the game less enjoyable, now you will only have yourselves to blame.
    And before anyone questions my knowledge or why I think I'm qualified to speak my mind, I've played this game on and off since 2011, which is vastly longer than 90% of players still around.

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DISCLAIMER: THIS LIST HAS BEEN CREATED FROM A COMPLETELY UNBIASED PERSPECTIVE. I DO NOT SIDE WITH ANY FACTION OR GROUP OF PLAYERS. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP THAT EXPLOITS SOME OF THE ISSUES LISTED. ALL I DID WAS TRY AND LIST AS MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF WHO IS INVOLVED OR AFFECTED BY THEM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problems listed have been numbered in order of how damaging they are to the state of Mortal Online.
    BIG PROBLEMS that affect the whole game, Medium sized problems, and small things that just waste peoples time that could be easily fixed.

The colored numbers show how difficult the problem should be to solve. Red being the most difficult.

RED = Difficult
    YELLOW = Medium
    GREEN = Easy​

1. To generate extra profit, the game forces players to have multiple accounts/subscriptions with excessive amounts of characters when the game should really only be played with a single character.

Having only a single character promote so many different things. Reputation, identity, trading, services, and teamwork among players. Theres no teleporting in the game but whats the difference when I can just log over to another character on the other side of the map? Sandbox gaming implies that you can do whatever you want within the world which is a SIMULATION of real life with the universe which the games creators have made. It isn't very realistic to be able to play 8 different characters. With so many character slots, players are capable of keeping themselves hidden and unknown from other players by just being able to delete and remake characters. This takes away the games aspect of Player Identity, cause you have a bunch of people running around with names like AralisOldFart and ThisGameSucks.

Solutions:
    a.) Remove all character slots except one. Implement a system that allows players to have 1100 Will (Physical) Points, and 1100 Artisan (Profession) Points. Now you have a character that can be 1 type of combat character, and have one type of profession.

This simplifies things a lot more, but if people are still upset about losing their characters they can buy (or rather be given, because SV took away something they paid for) multiple skill sets that can be be switched to whenever a player wants. Up to 4 total skill sets. These other skill sets, can be used to create different builds and once they are skilled up, they stay at the skill they are at even if you switch to a different skill set.

Now you only ever have to skill up your character one time, instead of having to skill up a new fighter every time you want to make a new character.

Making a change like this would require bank slots to be multiplied by 4 to compensate for the fact that players are going from 4 bank tabs on an account to just 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Wardec system doesn't work.

The wardec system offers the game a solid chance at politics and diplomacy, but because players can log off in 9 seconds and leave their guild to avoid conflict, the system is rendered useless. Wardeccing system should be used to be able to fight in an enemy guilds town and making living in the area very difficult through constant fighting.

How am I supposed to bully a guild out of a town or take control of the town if they can just leave their guild and then I can't do anything about it?

This is supposed to be a hardcore game but its not very hardcore when someone gets killed too much in city/wardec fights so they just log off and nobody can attack them anymore.

This also leads to guilds abusing the system to give out murder counts during war even though killing someone during war shouldnt be considered murder.

Solutions:
    a.) Make being in a guild account-wide (across all characters), then create a system that gives player accounts a cooldown to join another guild every time they leave a guild. Example: Start at 1 Day cool down, if they leave another guild increase it to two days, then 4 days, then 8 days. The cooldown resets back to one day once a player has remained in their guild for more than 15 days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Unless you play mounted, roaming the map takes 4-5 hours each night.

You must tailor your entire character to a certain playstyle (mounted) if you want to move around the map effectively. If you want to play a foot character, just going out to look for pvp takes several hours. It just takes too long. Sorry, the games not worth playing when you go from Morin'kur to Kranesh to Fabernum to Bakti and only find 1 naked guy.

Solutions:
    a.) Its been said for years. Make the basic skills you need to tame and ride horses a secondary (Taming/Creature Control 1/Basic Riding). That should be obvious and should have been changed years ago.
    b.) Make stables have a corral (an open, fenced in pen) where anyone from the guild can walk in and grab a horse and just take off! This also introduces horse thieving. Make it so as long as there are 2 horses in the stable, they will breed and put the babies out in the corral for anyone to grab and use so they can quickly be on their way to pvp.

[​IMG]
    STABLES SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS. NOT A BOX OF RETARDED STICKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. UNSEIGABLE KEEPS

You better be prepared to do a lot more to TC than just make stricter tower placements, cause that shit is fucked.

Keeps are unseigable as long as the guild can afford the prominence for 15 watch towers full of guards. Guards in watch towers also cannot be seen easily, cannot be targeted easily and still shoot through walls.

Solutions:
    a.) Rework the models of watch towers (and really just any structure that can hold guards) so the guards are in plain view, easily seen, and easily targetable. Watch Towers also look like dicks so that would get fixed too.
    b.) Fix the issue where mobs can shoot through walls.
    c.) Make watch towers expensive, or just remove them.

5. PVP is not the main interest of the Developers.

PVP is the main focus of the playerbase, but not the developers. Proven by the fact that broken features such as pets and weapons remain unbalanced for extremely long periods of time, with not even attempts to adjust or tweak them.

Solutions:
    a.) Make polls asking players what they think needs a nerf, or at least pay attention to the people voicing their opinions about imbalanced stuff on the Forums. It shouldn't be that hard with people spamming "Deathknight OP ranged Weakspot 70 unlimited range in water"
    It is understood that things like deathknight damage is calculated with math and affected by what recipes are used, so it might be a little more complicated. But if a TM sledge on mounted is hitting 90's, it shouldn't be that hard to go into the game and adjust the damage of it by 1-2% each week until its in a good spot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. NPC/AI projectiles move through objects/structures.

This has been one of Mortals biggest problems. Can't get rid of guards because people will get ninja sieged. Can't fix the siege system unless you get rid of guards.

Solutions: No clue honestly. Don't think Star Vault will ever be capable of fixing this, nor do they have the intention to, sadly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. NPC/AI moves through the ground and walls.

I still bounce on player and NPC heads when I fight from above them. They still disappear under the ground all the time. Spiders in caves still fly up into the ceiling. You stand in a town or city and an NPC will literally shoot off up into the sky like superman.

There was an AI patch a few years back to make things better. Maybe we've all just gotten used to it, but AI is still unbearably bad in my opinion and I will never PVE in this game because of it.

Solutions:
    Another one where I just don't have a solution.

8. TC is irrelevant and unfair because towers can be placed in unreachable spots.

Instead of fixing the game, GMs leave it broken for the sake of treating all players "fairly". You can't just leave something broken forever for the sake of keeping everyone happy. Thats a failure's mentality. People need to grow up and start considering the best interests of the game so it can be in a healthier state in the long run.

Solution: You could just fix the game by removing all unreachable TC and "fairly" compensate the players with items or currency for the assets lost, maybe give them some extra gold for the time they spent doing all the work.

9. Mining/gathering/processing/professions is NOT FUN.

Its more like a job that just really isn't worth the time. It might be if the Pvp was plentiful and good quality pvp.

But Star Vault isn't fooling anyone. Players know the game is based on a system that forces everything to take an extremely long time to do so people stay subbed to the game longer.

Solution:
    a.) Just make yields way higher so people can spend less time farming and more time enjoying the work they put into getting resources and gear.

b.) Or add mini games that give people bonus yield for performing well on the mini games.

10. Zerging

Solutions:
    a.) Refer to section A1.
    b.) A system could be implemented to fix one of the biggest issues in the game, zerging, but it would require a proper guild/wardec system that allows the game to automatically detect which players being to their sides and which side has a numbers advantage so the game can grant a slight buff to outnumbered players, but with a current system where any player can leave and join a guild at will without repercussion, the system cannot work. Who am I kidding? Its a Sandbox full of children. There will always be zerging!

11. Resources are too far away from towns. (AFFECTS NEW PLAYERS HARSHLY)

Only certain resources can be obtained in certain places. For a new player starting in Bakti, they must travel an extremely long distance for resources. Have you ever taken a character and walked from Bakti to the jungle or to Meduli to tame a horse? It takes a fucking hour!

Solutions:
    a.) Each town needs to have a supply of every type of material very close by. Players will not play the game if they start in bakti and need to go all the way to the jungle or meduli to get a horse or run 10 minutes from the town and get killed along the way. Then they have to spend another 2 hours of their night getting another horse thats just going to get killed again.

(This is the part where people say "well if they can't handle getting killed in an open world pvp game, they were never meant to play the game anyways!) Refer to Problem #16.

Fix this by making the best quality material in a certain place where you must take risk to get to, but standard or low qualities can be obtained very close to a town, almost at the edge of render distance when standing at the guard zone.
    (this would work very well in line with secondary riding skills so that towns can be hubs where players can tame new mounts and head out for pvp)

Lower quality meats, lower quality horses, lower quality ore all very close to towns that players will be starting in. But if you want the best quality, you need to take on some risk and go to a specific place where you can be killed. (like blue zones/red zones in Albion online)

12. The strongest resources in the game are easier to get the worst materials in the game.

It should logically be the other way around. Cronite and oghmium are so good. If a guild controls Gaul'Kor and cares enough about it, they could make one stack of cronite every 2 days. There shouldn't be more cronite and oghmium in the game than steel.

Solutions:
    a.) Make steel and lower tier materials a lot easier by increasing yields.
    b.) And nerf the yields on tephra.

13. Each year the game becomes less optimized and continually manages to look worse.

The game is more difficult to run and I have to play on lower settings than Pre-Awakening, even though my computer is far more than 2x as powerful as it was in 2011. There used to be sun shafts and sunlight and an amazing blue sky in the game. Terrain is a lot smoother and less jagged and interesting, but to compensate many rocks and object were added that a lot of people really just avoid due to them getting people stuck. Myrland has been replaced with a lot of dark tones that really make the game look downright ugly.

Solutions:
    Star Vault obviously doesn't have the resources to revert the game to when it looked best, in Awakening. I also know they are against reverting any negative things added to the game. I'm really just adding this to hopefully get them to at least understand that the game really does look worse now.

14. Features and items are added to the game that are so bad or inconvenient nobody uses them.

Features and content are introduced into the game for the sake of convincing players to resubscribe for short term profit only to have those new features made unviable or nerfed to the extent that they might as well not be in the game. Many of the weapon heads are just terrible and have no way of competeing with the more popular ones. IE: trinkets, mounted lances.

Solutions:
    a.) Maybe tweak some weaker weapon heads.
    b.) Or start by fixing trinkets. They aren't worth using because they aren't worth the investment. Make them not cost gold. Or instead make them drop when you die. Or make it so you don't have to charge them. ANYTHING! What was the point of putting them in if they are so crappy that nobody uses them!?

15. TC structures are too easily rebuilt.

You can siege down 4 long walls with your guild and 4 to 5 hours after the siege is over the walls will be rebuilt for only a couple hours of farming worth of gold.

Solutions:
    Fix this by either
    a.) drastically increasing the cost of TC,
    b.) adding a set amount of time that it takes for structures to be build,
    c.) or limit one engineer to working on a structure at the same time. (its pay to win if you can build a wall in 30 minutes with 15 engineers.)

The colored numbers show how difficult the problem should be to solve. Red being the most difficult.

RED = Difficult
    YELLOW = Medium
    GREEN = Easy​

16. The dev team uses the excuse that "the game is hardcore" as their explanation as to why something in the game is not fun, or why the game is only geared towards a certain type of player.

This is a horrible business mindset to operate on and put the company and game on a path to failure. This is the mindset of a loser.

Solution:
    Nobody can force you to want to be successful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. The game needs an "Allow Attacks against Wardec Targets" option.

To remove blueblock griefing from the game. EVERYONE has been on the receiving end of blueblocking and it just flat out makes fighting in cities not fun.

18. Server is hosted in Europe despite the majority of the population being American.

One thing that I have acknowledged that many players may not have thought of is that there may be other factors to why the server is hosted where it is. It may even come down to things such as giving tax incentives to Star Vault by the Swedish government for doing business with a certain company. Or maybe its against the law to host the server in the US. But at the end of the day, it makes the game more clunky and unresponsive (less fun) for the MAJORITY of players.

Solutions:
    Move the server.
    But I'll go ahead and be reasonable and say at least wait until the population grows again. Who knows, it may never recover.

19. Render Distance

Finding PVP encounters and other players in the world is extremely difficult due to the fact that character models only render in when they are within 200 meters, a distance which is incredibly short an limiting.

Solutions:
    I heard that increasing the view distance puts incredible strain on the server, so not sure what the solution is. But it seems like you could just turn it up at the cost of performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20. The game is not very immersive visually.

In towns there is almost no difference in skins between vendors. And all the NPCs do is standing there not doing anything. For years there were buildings that looked like dicks and Stables (where horses are supposed to live) are just a box made of sticks. An inn is supposed to be lively and cozy, but Mortal online Inn's have like 1 table in it? (The Inn in particular seems like a serious lack of interest to do a good job imo)

Solutions:
    Put some serious effort into it. I could probably toy around with the modeling software for a couple hours and come up with something better than the game's current stable structure.

21. There is a big, useless lake in the middle of the main pvp continent which divides players and makes it more difficult to get to the fun.

Solutions:
    Make a big field over sausage lake, put an ABANDONED city on the field using recycled buildings. NO GUARDS. A centralized place in the map where people can fight without having to worry about mounteds. Encourage people to pvp there by putting high quality resource nodes there and A NO BUILD ZONE.

It doesn't have to look perfect. You could honestly just take GK, move some of the buildings around, and put it in the middle of the map with some tephra nodes around it and people would PVP there like CRAZY!

and A NO BUILD ZONE.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22. Fighting out in the wilderness gets stale due to the fact that much of landscape is flat and boring,

Some areas dont even have trees. Do you realize how boring it is fighting on the open plains between Meduli/Vadda? More places like the ruins above Meduli. But bigger!

FIGHTING ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN SHOULDN'T BE THE ONLY WAY TO COUNTER MOUNTEDS

Solutions:
    Again, just build interest structures out in the wild. Abandoned Castles or a big necromancer tower. (why the fuck is everything in the game inside of a dark shitty cave?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23. When a player fighting in their own territory dies, they can just relog to one of their other 7 characters for an unfair advantage.

Solutions:
    Solve Problem 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24. Houses can be built within guard zones giving certain groups of players an unfair advantage.

Some houses are even too close to the guard zone to siege down due to the guards attacking the siege weapons. How is that fair?

Solutions:
    Increase the no build zone and have no mercy upon those who clearly try to exploit. The people who build inside guard zones know what they're doing is wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25. While the murdercount and flagging system is fine, the Statloss system is useless and dissuades solo players from pvping.

I can't go out and murder as a mage. If I do, I get stat loss and restatting a mage is extremely difficult to do. If I'm not in a guild with a Red Priest, I'm basically screwed. (This is the reason that I am not currently playing the game.)

Solutions:
    Remove the stat loss system?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26. Get stuck a lot.

Solutions: ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27. Dungeons are a one time experience

Unless for the sake of farming massive amounts of gold (kimuru, sator, risar, cultist), dungeons are only a one time experience.

Solutions:
    The bosses in caves and sewers should be randomized. If I've been to the Fabernum sewers once and I know that the next time I go I will receive the same experience and encounter the same enemies that drop the same useless loot, why would I ever waste my time going there again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28. Toxic Community

The community is incredibly toxic, mostly due to zerging, accusing of cheating and crying on the forums.

Solutions:
    A great idea to fix this would be to close down the forums and find a way to integrate the forums into the game. Like a notice board inside the town where posts are made.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29. Swimming and water mechanics are very clunky/glitchy.

Also it doesn't make sense why some rivers (sausage lake rivers) are like 40 feet deep and only 10 feet wide. You have to stand completely still to regain stam in the water? Doesn't really make any sense. Cause the system is kinda bad a lot of people just avoid going in the water all together. Can't see how much breath you have left either. Makes no sense.

Solutions:
    a.) Need help with this one. Not sure how to make swimming less aids. But its not fun to always sit in the water with no stamina
    b.) Make rivers more realistic depth. Or make them get deeper more gradually so people dont glitch out when the go in and out.

30. Help Chat is useless.

A lot of people in help chat give advice that dissuades new players from playing with a certain group of players, or convinces new players that a certain group of players is "bad" "Cheaters" "Random Player KIllers"

Most of the time help chat is off topic, and if a new player needs help that should instead be encouraged to join a guild.

In a game with as little population as this one has, a global chat will help people interact and set up fights.

Solutions:
    Replace help chat with a global chat everyone can use.

RED = Difficult
    YELLOW = Medium
    GREEN = Easy​

31. Weapons break so much quicker than they did 5 years ago.

Melt down and repair weapons, Weapons break way easier than they used to.

Again another tactic SV uses to keep their players spending more time doing boring terrible shit that nobody likes to do.

Solution:
    Just give us a feature that melts down partly broken weapons for 75% return cost of the metal. And stop making our weapons less durable.

32. Mailing items between characters on the same account takes hours.

Mainly due to the time it takes to log in between characters. Sometimes you cant find items you are looking for because they are lost in one of your 8 banks.

Solution:
    Make Banks shared between all your characters with 4x slots. Or just allow a feature that allows other players access to yo

33. Crafting armor and weapons takes too long.

Especially if you are going to have an ally craft a set for you.

Solutions:
    Receipts or Item codes should be generated so people can more quickly craft the sets they want.

34. Ghosting Home

If you're not going to allow us to teleport around the map to pvp hot spots, at least let us teleport back to a home base once we've died. Losing our potentially expensive sets of equipment is enough of a punishment of death. Don't make us also spend 20 minutes ghosting back home as well. This discourages people from regearing and going out for pvp again and just makes people want to log off and stop playing for the rest of the night.

Solutions:
    Return to Home button when in ghost mode.

35. Waiting at Chaplains

Nobody likes sitting at a guild chaplain spamming revive for 20 minutes.

Solutions:
    Chaplains in a Keep should have a cooldown per player, not a global cooldown.

36. Bad player Attitude

Some groups of players don't want the game to succeed and grief newer players out of the game. Regardless of whether its their right to do so, it is still detrimental to the game. Some people want the game to keep some of the broken features because they benefit them.

Solution:
    No solution other than acknowledging who those players are and not giving in to what they want.

37. A majority of players would rather not fight, than fight and lose.

When a fight only happens once a week, it makes sense that nobody would want to lose.

Solutions:
    Would probably be fixed once fighting begins to happen all the time.

38. Banned players are allowed to return to the game.

Solutions:

39. Listening to Idiots

Star Vault listens to the advice from players who strictly PvE or players who have spent most of their life in game in Tindrem or Sarducca. These players have no clue what the game needs.

Solutions:

40. GMs are not willing to compensate players to items lost to bug, even with video evidence.

Solutions:
    This isn't as much a problem with not giving players there items back, but instead gear and items should be easy enough to get that when you lose them due to a bug, it shouldn't be that big of a deal and shouldn't affect the player that much. But since everything in the game is so difficult to get. When players lose gear unfairly they get discouraged.

If anyone else has suggestions to fixing any of the issues feel free to post and if its a good idea I'll add it.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. VaddaPriest

VaddaPriest Member

Reserved

3. Laxius

Laxius New Member

Thanks man, you saved the game. Someone had to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. KhaoticKaos

KhaoticKaos Well-Known Member

the void between foot and mounted that was created long ago is the main thing killing the game

There is NO REASON a warrior shouldnt be able to fight on horseback, NO REASON an archer shouldnt be able to also do mounted archery.

I am convinced that mounted being a unique playstyle is whats fucked everything up. if people could do foot and mounted fighting on the same character like in the old days it wouldn't be so impossible to roam. it would solve so many problems honestly. it just doesnt make sense that a warrior is limited to either foot or mounted, we should be able to DO BOTH.

the skill point system needs to be reworked.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Valhalo

Valhalo Member

upload_2018-4-7_13-40-38.png

Thanks for caring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. djbthatsme

djbthatsme Member

That was a lot of work put into that post. I appreciate it and agree with a lot in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Silver Supporter

39. You did so well until this point… Mortal isn’t supposed to be just a “roam around fighting” PVP arena. It was supposed to be an open world with various opportunities. Crafting isn't supposed to be some secondary profession that's used to keep your primary combat character equipped. It's something players could focus on (PVE) and nothing else if they so choose. If you watch the videos of Mats talking about the world building behind Nave, you’d realise that PVP is ONE aspect of Mortal, not the primary purpose.

Your suggestion sounds like only PVP players should be considered? Or did I misunderstand?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Burtons

Burtons Junior Member

1 character sounds lame tbh. Rest is dope

accnt2.PNG

You gotta admit MO 2018 is pretty cool compared to MO 2011. progress has been made.

• Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Xunila

Xunila Cronite Supporter

The steam charts tell nothing! Lots of players are using steam for patches only. I never play via steam and I will never been on those charts.

Anyway, you had a lot of work to write down all the issues and I can agree to most of them.

I'm playing since early beta (August 2009) and I'm subscribed with at least one account since release. And we are three players in the guild(s) playing since release.

The difference between game's state from release days till today is very very very large! The game made enormous progress in all the years.

My feeling about most players trying this game is they are looking for a PvP game but Mortal is no PvP game. PvP is part of the game, but there is a whole world around. Concentrating on PvP only is just eating a small part of the cake.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rhias

Rhias Senior Member

I agree to a few points but not to all.
    I'd like to give my opinion to the non PVP part of mortal.
    - TC: it feels kind of useless. It's true that it gives some advantages e.g. mines and butcher tables closer to special monsters. But after you reached some basic level of buildings it's not really worth to do anything more, also due too the fact that upkeep is really high for some buildings.
    In my opinion an increased resource cost should be the limiting factor instead of upkeep. This way also smaller groups of players or solo players would have the chance to increase their empire and feel a slow but steady progress.
    Maybe add some kind of upgrade system to TC crafting table e.g. with some chance to get rare or special armor that is a tiny bit better than the usual armor.
    - Quality for resources: a higher quality of the resource would result in better armor, weapon or whatever is processed out of it. Higher level monsters drop higher quality carcass. When processing the carcass on a higher quality butcher table the result should be better. Maybe add some sliders to the processing of materials where you can choose between quality and quantity. Add different stats to player crafted tools that have the same choice between quality and quantity. Add different quality to resources e.g. ores and trees in the world. This way players would be encountered to look for these resources. Maybe even change these quality of the resources every month or so to prevent walling it in and to motivate the players to reexplore it frequently. Maybe add some "Hotspots" with higher quality but small quantity resources and no building zone there to also create something to fight over for the PVP oriented players.
    Of cause this would also enable whole new possibilitys for TC e.g. upgrading buildings to increase the quality. Right now TC buildings are 1 or 0 - Crafting table exists or does not exist . With this the single building itself would have a progress.

11. LGrayFoxL

LGrayFoxL Well-Known Member

Mounted combat is a huge issue

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  12. Xunila

Xunila Cronite Supporter

Btw, you idea of combing four characters is not working! If I had two or three crafters on the same account with completely different professions they can't be moved into 1100 primary point! E.g. my armor crafter knows books (skills) worth 10k gold. My Tapii crafter has been expensive and took much time to get Tapii lore to 100. And my alchemist has completely different skills.

Combining existing characters would be like a wipe!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rhias

Rhias Senior Member

I think he suggested some kind of skillsets. So you have 1 character which is able to "change" between 4 characters skills.

14. Xunila

Xunila Cronite Supporter

His first suggestion was 1100 "PvP" points and 1100 crafting points. This would be a wipe.

The second suggestion with four different skill sets is interesting. But how will one change between them? Within seconds during a fight from MA to Mage to foot fighter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. finegamingconnoisseur

finegamingconnoisseur Senior Member

The idea of the original vision (I think) was that crafters, resource gatherers, tamers and a whole heap of other non-pvp character builds would be respected and much sought after in the world, and be dedicated characters rather than something any combat character could do.

I do think that primary skills which don’t provide any direct benefits and only serve to be a parent skill for a whole lot of other child skills (which do provide benefits and deserve to be primary) should be changed to secondary. The primary skill Armour Crafting, for example, is just a complete waste of our primary skill pool.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tehmudjin

Tehmudjin Honored Member

You start off by calling the game a failure and that the only reason for SV not to implement your list right away would be because of stubborness or pride, suggesting you cant possibly have bad or unrealistic ideas about game design since youve played one on and off for 7 years.
    You end by critizising SV for haven listened to idiots.

Couldnt you just make a suggestion threadd without being a dick?

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. talazar

talazar Junior Member

I think before a character is made you should decide what type of character it is going to be (crafter/combat) if you pick crafter you can have 2000 points to spend but cant spend any of them on combat at all. I think this would help having to have 2837479202 different characters to be totally self sufficient as 1 crafter could extract mine make weps armour bows etc etc. Would save a hell of a lot of logging over aswell which is extremely annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hertix

Hertix Well-Known Member

Additionally, skills, professions, etc should all have much more depth in the way they are advanced (progression) and their end-game use case. Nearly 90% of the skill tree is simply a chore (Find/Read book, or Macro Grind) rather than feeling like you are playing a game or having an adventure to progress.

Lets take the weapon crafting skill for example. Let's remove the quality decrease that weapon crafting 'skill' has on weapons, and instead have tiers of weapon crafting levels that prevent you from using certain materials. Then let us add crafting game (I hate the name minigame, but it could really be a very well done minigame) Rather than grinding 100s of junk weapons, the way to increase weapon crafting skill is to complete objectives, such as craft 5 Excellent quality Copper weapons. Then when you level up, it opens new tier such as steel, and your objectives to progress past that is to again craft X number at certain quality , etc. You could even incorporate adventure type quests, where you need find blacksmith X to teach you or help you past cetain tiers. At the highest levels, you not only needed to be max level from this new , dare I say it, RPG-like approach of progression, but every weapon type at different material levels has a unique variation of the mini-game that you need to not only figure out but also execute on every time to get the max Quality of weapon.

This would make being an excellent weapon crafter combine all 3 aspects : Time (Progression to max level) Knowledge (Experienced each weapon type/material Minigame enough to know how to do them properly) and Skill (Executing the minigame perfectly). Or you could just leave these professions the way they are, shallow grind to max level (Time) and login next to bank, craft, log out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. finegamingconnoisseur

finegamingconnoisseur Senior Member

Since we have a real-time twitch-based combat system, one way SV could make crafting more hands-on and require actual player skill, is to make crafting like Kingdom Come Deliverance, in addition to requiring lore and crafting skills in the Skills menu.

That way, crafting actually has a player-driven element to it where it’s not just about clicking a bunch of buttons and dragging a bunch of sliders. This video below is on weapon maintenance, but apply that to crafting and you get what I’m talking about:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Drothe

Drothe Junior Member

This would make the game way more fun then the crap you have to do now, it also means you would spend time on that toon other than to log in and make weapons then log back out, well while leveling them up anyway.