Why do I fall through Tek bridge everytime I cross over?

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Sandweaver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

^

It's getting really annoying to have to put in a ticket to be teleported back up and have me and my horse at 1/4th hp everytime I enter or leave sarducca, I cant be the only one with this problem?

2. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

My friend has fallen through the last 4 times or so straight he has crossed. Is getting old. I havnt fallen through in forever. Idk why they cant fix this for good.

3. EnergYY

EnergYY Well-Known Member

Yeh I did too a few weeks ago once and my IRL cousin fell through like 3 times ir a row crossing it.

4. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

it seems like it only happens to certain people and I am one of the unlucky ones - is it something I am doing? Is there some file wonky or something?

5. Yeonan

Yeonan Senior Member

No. It was fine for a while but ever since housing patch it has started happening.

I've reinstalled, integrity check yada yada.

It's been brought up a few times but no luck so far

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rasaki

Rasaki Member

GM's wall this bridge off till its fixed. its a hazard

7. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

And if they wont maybe RPK! can help us out?

It still seems to be certain people. I've crossed several times no failures, and my friend has failed every time.

8. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

ugh now I disconnected crossing the bridge and I logged on in toxai...................

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Falconne

Falconne Junior Member

My boyfriend falls through everytime we go to Sarducca, where I never do...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. Jatix

Jatix Well-Known Member

Going to sard or myrland?

11. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

to myrland

12. Hodo

Hodo Well-Known Member

If you jump while crossing the bridge and hit the load screen you will fall through it on load in on the Myrland side.

If you are falling through and not jumping, then you are getting a lag spike or packet drop when crossing which will cause you to fall through also. You can repeat this with a lag switch or loading something that will cause lag.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

so is it an issue with my internet then?

14. Yeonan

Yeonan Senior Member

It started happening for me and a mate right after housing patch, so I highly doubt it's any of that. Especially when it happens literally every time I cross the bridge.

15. Hodo

Hodo Well-Known Member

It can be a latency issue yes.

Have someone with a good ping to the server, less than 40ms, watch you as you cross the bridge. If you are popping up and down as you cross it is the server having trouble tracking your movement. This is a sign of packet drops and latency issues.

16. Sandweaver

Sandweaver Member

hmm well I have fiber optic internet and have amazing ping, and no internet troubles at all.... so I wonder if its something to do with mortal instead since others are having this issue

17. Aralis

Aralis Champion of Nave

Yep I've had this too. And it didn't used to be like this.

18. grizzlyjam

grizzlyjam Senior Member

The sirens are charming your characters to their deaths. Hidden enemy boss?!!!! Some stab it with a hammer!

19. art vandaleigh

art vandaleigh Senior Member

A guildie crashes forever during the flight over the bridge, takes 1k+ fall dmg and is in belrim kek

20. Gronil

Gronil Oghmium Supporter

I've never fallen through on Myrland side, but lately I've fallen through the Sard side 100% of the times I've gone across. It really is quite annoying.